31. call me

sorry it's been a while. YEET
—————————————————

~Timothée~

Life was different. For a while I had nothing, the girl I loved had disappeared and my best friend hated me. Now that Luke had forgiven me, my thoughts were clouded with Adeline.

Of course a lot had happened. The news of the Annenburg divorce broke and rumours spread like wildfire. Adeline was still keeping a low profile which I suppose meant cutting everyone off. Luke and I would discuss where she was but neither had actually seen her, just heard from other people who had supposedly seen her.

I just wanted to make sure she was okay.

I was at a cafe shop with my sister, it was a Friday and I didn't have any classes that afternoon. My audition for this independent movie 'Call Me By Your Name' was a week earlier and I was waiting for the call. Pauline was keeping me company and reading the book right in front of me.

"It's written beautifully." She commented and I couldn't agree more. It would be something I would suggest to Adeline, I wanted to tell her about it so badly.

My phone started to ring just as I was people watching, one of my favourite things to do in New York. My heart froze as I stared at it vibrating, Pauline lowered the book to also watch it.

"Answer it!" She practically screamed. My hand flew over to the phone and practically smacked it against my cheek.

"Hello?" All I could hear was the sound of my own heartbeat in my head.

The world around me seemed to go silent. All I could hear was the sound of someone feeling me I was going to be in a movie. An actual film. This was everything I had been working towards and now I was going to do it.

"So?" Pauline wondered, snapping me out of my trance. My phone was suddenly on the table in front of me, the call must have ended.

"I got the role." I croaked out. Pauline's face lit up, a light squeal leaving her lips and without notice she had stood up and hugged me. I was in complete and utter shock.

The rest of my day consisted of telling people; mum, dad, Luke and a couple of other friends. We planned to go out that evening to celebrate which i was really looking forward to. I just wanted her to know.

I walked home, making all these calls and making all these plans but my mind always wandered when the other person spoke. Where was she? Was she thinking about me? Had she passed me in the street and not acknowledged me? Does she ask Luke about me?

There was no doubt about it that New York was my favourite city, Adeline knew that as well. Hell, she made fun of me for it despite her being in the same position. 'You New Yorkers, frown on anyone who's not from a borough, can't stand anywhere other than your own neighbourhood.' I wonder if she knew how I thought about that comment every time I walk anywhere in New York and catch myself feeling completely in love with the city.

If only she would call me. I have so much to say, so much I want her to know.

It was if I was living a fantasy when I walked passed an independent bookstore I must walk past everyday and a flash of blonde hair caught my attention. I halted in my tracks and almost smashed my face against the glass just in case.

Her back was to me but I knew her body, I knew it like the back of my hand and couldn't quite believe on today of all days this was happening. It would go down in history as the luckiest day of my life.

I managed to slide into the shop without any annoying bell going off or creaking of doors. It smelled like heaven, the musty smell of books contaminated by her perfume. Even when trying to keep a low profile she captivates a room with her presence alone.