26. familiarity

~Adeline~

For the first time in a while I woke up in Timothée's arms. I pushed the guilt from yesterday away, wanting to enjoy this moment I had with him. The moment my eyes opened, I tightened my arms around him and nestled my face in the crook of his neck.

I think the pressure of my arms around him woke him up because as soon as I breathed against his neck, he rolled his body over and collapsed on top of me. My arms moved with him, one hand in his hair and the other on his bare back.

His breathing was steady and we laid there for a while, my hands running through his hair as if to slowly massage his head. If I closed my eyes I could imagine a different life with him.

Maybe I could've been someone he would be initially interested instead of someone who had to convince him to like me. A student at NYU, studying English literature so I already knew all of the books he liked. We would meet in a coffee shop or bump into each other in the university halls.

Taken aback by my beauty at first he would assume I wasn't smart but then he would ask if I'm a student and then be drawn in by my smarts and experts on culture. We would have a series of dates, kiss on the first and sex on the third and then he would introduce me to his friends which would become my friends as well.

It sounded so simple, of course I know relationships aren't that simple but somehow I've found myself in the midst of a very complicated one. Not only was it complicated but it was temporary. I knew I wasn't allowed to keep him and that made it even more complicated because the longer I spent with him the more I wanted to.

I started to massage his back with two fingers in an attempt to wake him up and it didn't take him long to start to stir. His lips puckered against my skin as he asserted himself between my legs. Without a second thought I wrapped them around his hips and squeezed.

He let out a soft moan, I wasn't sure if it was unintentional because of the way he was laying or if he was trying to initiate something. My questions were soon answered when I felt his lips attach to my neck and start kissing along it.

I didn't say no to what he was starting, I had missed him recently. His face appeared in front of mine for a brief moment before angling his lips to the other side of my neck. I closed my eyes to focus on what he was doing, arching my back into him to tell him to keep going.

My hips rubbed against his, causing a sigh to escape my mouth. His tongue started to move against the skin of my neck, making sure to create marks on me. He nibbled and nipped my skin, his lips sucking the breath out of me.

His hand found its way up my shirt, squeezing any skin he could find on my sides and eventually my breasts. I let out a whine, our hips still moving against each other. Not too soon after, his lips started to move towards the collar of the shirt.

"I need a shower." I moaned, realising I must not smell the best right now. He pulled his head out from my neck and rolled back over to lay next to me. He kissed my shoulder and assumed I meant that I wanted to stop. I did, but only until I got in the shower. "Wanna save some water?"

Without hesitation he sat up in bed and planted a kiss straight on my lips, indicating a yes. I got up with him, following him into the bathroom. I loved these moments of domestic bliss we shared, it felt like we had a rhythm that only we knew.

Our bodies danced around each other, stripping our clothes and sliding past each other to either grab some shampoo or turn the shower on. No words were exchanged as we moved around each other and eventually ended up in the same heated box of a shower.

"Can you wash my hair?" I asked, stepping back into the water. He ran his tongue along his lip and nodded, reaching past me to grab the bottle. I turned around, facing the wall and waited for his hands to make contact with my scalp.