Chapter 10: In some vauge way

➣ E R I E

➣ E R I E

"Bugatti's new hypercar was purchased by an anonymous buyer, making it the most expensive new car ever sold."

I still have my towel wrapped around my head, and this pink bathrobe that I wore when I left the shower. I sipped my coffee as I watch the morning news here in the living room. I'm with Sky and he's just savoring his precious Belgian waffles that I made.

The photo of the Bugatti flashed next to an icon with a question mark. Para bang isa itong palaro na pinahuhulaan kung sino ang nakabili. I smirked. Kahit anong gawin nilang halungkat, hindi nila ako mahahanap. Wala silang malalaman tungkol sa akin.

"I heard Spade was there at the auto show. Nakita niyo?" Tanong ni Sky sa akin kaya nabigla ako. Really? One of The Revels came last night? 

"Maybe he personally gave bribes to the media to keep your identity hidden." He continued. Muli tuloy akong napatingin sa TV. It shows a montage of the auction party, but they didn't showed the guests. Of course most of the guests came from the underground business. Hindi rin pinakita ang gulong nangyari matapos ang bidding. Para bang normal na car show event lang ang nangyari. Too filtered. Kaya talagang takpan ng pera ang lahat.

"I didn't saw him." 

"Understandable. The Revels are slick." Sky said. Then he called one of maids since he just finished eating his breakfast. We have a lot of good cooks here, but he only eats waffles if it's made by me.

"Very slick." He chuckled at my words.

"Lider texted me, he said the car has arrived. Magbihis ka na para matingnan natin." 

***

"Thank you, madame." Said the car dealer after I finish signing the papers for the ownership.

Les Voleurs fully paid the car so the dealership already provided and signed over the title to me, indicating that I'm the new owner. Our corporation will work on the remaining papers that needs to be processed.

"Was the event fun for you?" Lider asked after guiding the car agents towards the exit. As they leave the raceway, I was left with Sky and him. Ngayon lang kami nakapag-usap ulit dahil kakabalik lang niya mula sa isang mission. He was with the other organization leaders last night except for Ein who was with us.

"It was fine, not until they started shooting us."

"Ein said it's from the Sindicato. Well, sino pa nga ba?" He chuckled bitterly as if he's plotting our next move in his mind.

Nakipagkwentuhan lang ako sa kaniya. I told him everything like he's another older brother of mine. Ever since my brother Vair disappeared, Lider has always been there for me. Though he's more strict, it's fine because there are times that I'm stubborn. He balances my attitude.

"Ryde made you wear what?" Tumawa si Lider na parang hindi makapaniwala. 

"Pumayag kang pagtripan ni Sameth?" Humalakhak si Sky kaya nasamaan ko siya ng tingin.