(2) "Don't Be An Idiot"

Frankie was meeting Sasha for lunch three days later. As she was waiting for Sasha she was mid-bite of her salad.

*buzz buzz*

She looked down to see a NY number calling her.

"Hello?"

"Hi is this Francesca Morris?"  The voice on the other end say.

"Yes sir it is. Can I ask who is calling?"

"Of course. This is James Barnes from Barnes Inc. You applied for the assistant job. I was calling to set up a interview."

"Yes."

"How does Friday at 1 work?"

"Yeah I can do that."

"Okay great. I will see you Friday at 1."

"Okay see you then."

"See you then have a great day."

Frankie took a breathe as she laid her phone down. Sasha snapped her out of her trance.

"Who were you talking to that has you all tongue tied?" Sasha said

Frankie swallowed hard. "I have a job interview with Barnes Inc." she said

"What?! How did you even know there was a job opening and what is it for? And OMG that means you are going to meet NY's most eligible sexy as fuck bachelor James Barnes! Ah! We need to go shopping cause best friend you need a wardrobe make over. When is the interview?" Sasha said without taking a breathe.

"Friday at 1." She said

"Oh we have time." Sasha said

"Sash slow down. We don't even know if I got the job. It's an assistant job his assistant job to be honest. I found it on the indeed search app and I just thought it would be one of those ones where you don't hear back ever." She said

"Ooh I'm so excited for you! I bet he is so much better looking in person." Sasha squealed again.

"Sasha Ann you are about to be a married woman!" Frankie said

"Doesn't mean I cant look I just can't touch. But you my single friend can look touch and even lick that man candy." Sasha said

"Stop it!" She said as she threw a piece of lettuce at her.

After they were done with their lunch. Sasha went crazy in Macy's helping her find a perfect interview outfit. She even made a point of telling Frankie she would be over before her interview to make sure every thing looked perfect.

************************

Friday afternoon rolled around. Frankie got out of her cab she swallowed hard as she stood outside the building.

"Don't be a weirdo."

"Don't be the giggly 23 year old that you are"

She whispered those two things to herself as she made her way into the glass doors. When she approached the lobby receptionist.

"Hi..I'm here for a interview with James Barnes." She said

"Hold on just second Ms?" The receptionist said

"Ms Morris. Francesca Morris." She said

The receptionist picked up the receiver and pushed a button.

"Mr Barnes  a Francesca Morris is here for a interview."

"Send her up."

The receptionist put the phone down. "Second elevator takes you straight to his floor. Walk down the long hallway you will see a set of double doors knock and he will let you in."