(4) When In Rome

It was after the holidays Bucky had given Frankie both the week of Thanksgiving and two weeks off at Christmas. But he didn't really need to she never goes back to TN for holidays. But when she insisted that she didn't need the time off he told her that it was already done.

Now it's a cold snowy January morning. She was sitting at her desk as he discussed analyticals in his conference call. He sent her a email since he was working one deal in a call and one through email.

"Book two tickets to Rome Italy. Find a suite with two bedrooms. I will need you to come with to help make sure they aren't bullshitting me. My Italian isn't as great as yours."

"My classes?"

"You said this semester was all online. Just bring the shit with you and do it. Just get done what I told you to get done."

Frankie rolled her eyes at her screen. "Well fuck you too Mr Barnes. It's not like it's your education that is going to suffer." She thought to herself.

She booked the plane tickets with the airline. Once she was done she called around to different hotels in Rome. She finally got a suite booked and paid for. Once she was done she sent all the info to him via email.

He replied "good job! You didn't screw it up this time."

She sighed.

As it got closer to her lunch break a blonde came down the hall. She had on a trench coat and cheap make up.

"Is the big boss in?" She said

Bucky came out of his office door. "Piper right this way. Go ahead and take your lunch Ms Morris." He said

"But it's not for another 15 minutes." Frankie said

"Honey you must be new..." Piper started to say but Bucky placed his hand over her mouth.

"Go take your lunch." He said

"Ugh fine. God you are such a man whore." She muttered under her breathe after he closed his door.

As she was warming up her food since it was to cold to walk down the street. In the quiet of the floor she heard

"Oh god yes yes. Oh Mr Barnes fuck me harder!"

"Like that baby you like it like that."

Frankie suddenly realized that her boss has women come to the office during her lunch break. This was the first time she's actually stayed to eat.

Frankie dumped her salad she couldn't eat with Piper screaming like that. She grabbed her coat phone and keys and left. When she passed Steve in the lobby.

"Francesca? Be careful it's cold." He said

"Rather be out there then upstairs right now." She said

"Are you two budding heads again?" Steve said

"No some girl named "Piper" is his lunch." She said and walked out.

Sam looked at Steve. "In other words he has one of his many ladies upstairs." Sam said

"He needs to get his shit together. I don't know what is going on with him. But his antics a different girl on his arm at functions almost costed us the the deal in Paris. If it hadn't been for me going instead of him it would have ended." Steve said

"Heidi messed him up bad. It's been ten years and he still refuses to settle again." Sam said as they walked to the elevator.

When Frankie returned Bucky was at her desk.