.Twenty-three.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Author's POV

The members spent a few days at the dorms. The hyungs were planning their dates with Jungkook while Jungkook was just getting reused to his new/old home. They gave the younger sometime to get used to their presence in general.

Meanwhile, Jungkook also kept a healthy distance from the hyungs, half scared that their partners would hurt him, and half listening to his grandmother and Lisa.

"Kookie!" Jin called from the down stairs. "Baby can you come here for a while?" He asked. They had also started using many nicknames, after jungkook said that he liked it when the hyungs called him kookie. "Yes, Hyung!" Jungkook replied, making his way down stairs.

When he entered the living room, he was welcomed with all his hyungs sitting on the sofas. "Yes, hyungs?" He asked, taking a seat between Jin and Namjoon as that was the only place left empty.

"We were thinking that we should start the courting process now," yoongi said. "Obviously, if you are comfortable. Otherwise we are more than ready to wait for you, bunny." Hoseok said. Everyone nodded or made a sound of agreement.

"Hyungs, I also want to start it as soon as possible, I… I don't like this tense atmosphere between us… I just wanna get comfortable around you but it just wouldn't happen 'cause… you know-"

"We understand, kook." Namjoon said, placing a hand on the younger's shoulder. "So, who do you want to go out with first, jungkook?" Jin asked. The hyungs glared at each other. It obviously turned in a competition.

"Umm… I already thought about this and I wanna go with Namjoon Hyung first." Jungkook said, shyly.

"Ok, baby!" Namjoon exclaimed. "We'll go there tomorrow, ok? Dress casual, beautiful." Namjoon said, giving a quick peck on jungkook's cheek, making him blush.

"Yah! Kim Namjoon! No one gave you the permission to kiss him!" Yoongi yelled. "It's ok hyungie-"

"I wanna kiss him too!" Vmin said at the same time. "I- hyungs, you can kiss me on our dates-"

"Yeah, he's gonna choose me next anyways!" Taehyung said, proudly. "No, actually…" jungkook said, making tae's smile fall down.

"I was gonna go from Namjoon Hyung to Jin Hyung to Taehyung Hyung to hoseok Hyung to Jimin Hyung to yoongi Hyung." Jungkook said.

"Why am I the last?!" Yoongi complained. "Shush Hyung, kookie, we respect your decision. And we're happy that we are able to gain your trust back." Jimin said, smiling.

The others sighed (except Namjoon) and nodded. "Yeah," taehyung said. "We are truly happy and ready to make up for what we did."

"We should all get to bed now, guys. Kookie has a big day tomorrow." Jin said. Everyone agreed, getting up and stretching their bodies a bit.

"Yoongi Hyung, I wanna talk to you about something." Jungkook said once everyone else had left the room except the pair. "Yeah? What is it kook?" Yoongi asked.

"You started cutting again, didn't you, Hyung?" Jungkook asked, softly. But that sentence was enough for yoongi to freeze. "H-how did you know?" Yoongi stuttered. He had made sure no one would notice. Even hoseok and Jin, who were the most observant ones with him, didn't get a clue.

"Back at noona's cafe, Hyung. When you showed me your crystal. I got a glimpse of your wrist. But I don't get it, Hyung… why? Why would you start cutting again?" Jungkook asked.

Yoongi gave him a bitter-sweet smile. "It's because of you kookie." He said. "H-how?!" Jungkook asked. This was not what he wanted. He wanted the hyungs to be happy with each other. Wasn't he just another baggage for them to carry? Then why? Why did Yoongi start cutting again when he still had Hoseok? Why did SeokJin say they always had fights when Namjoon was with him? Why did Jimin say he was always sad when he had Taehyung?

They were soulmates, weren't they?

"Jungkook… after you left that day, our crystals immediately broke. We thought something bad happened to our partners so we called them. They said nothing was wrong with them either but their Crystal's were broken too. That was when reality crashed down upon us. Me, Jin Hyung and Jimin wanted to help you from the very beginning. But we were cowards and didn't want to go against our boyfriends at the time. Once we came back home, we had a huge fight.

The atmosphere was so tense… Taehyung and Namjoon had almost gone mad! I- I was really scared. But I didn't want to back down anymore. You were gone and I was angry. Not only at them but also at myself. That I couldn't protect you. That I was one of the people who hurt you when you had done nothing wrong. It was also frustrating that I couldn't really do anything to bring you back. I wanted- no needed you back. We all did.

All the fights and arguments made us feel more guilty. I wanted to punish myself for doing all that to you. I wanted to feel better about myself… and that was enough for me to go back to my old habits, I guess." Yoongi explained.

Jungkook sighed, ruffling his own hair. This wasn't what he had expected. He wanted a happy ending to their story. But that incident was neither an ending, nor happy. It just ended up being a twist. A twist that probably brought the reality in front of everyone. The members as well as jungkook himself.

"So you all d-didn't hate me?" Jungkook asks, softly, avoiding yoongi's gaze at all costs. "We could never, kookie. Why would we agree on courting you if we did? Why would we stop all group activities? Why would we search for you?" Yoongi asked. The questions were a bit harsh and almost sounded accusing. But, Yoongi knew the younger, needed to hear them.

"Hyungie i-"

"You don't need to apologise jungkook. It wasn't your fault. You did all that for your safety. And you made us realise how wrong we were for… doing all that to you… we're the ones who should be apologizing, kookie." Yoongi said.

Jungkook immediately hugged him. "Yoonie hyung…" he sobbed on the older's shoulder as he patted his back. "Hey, don't cry baby…" yoongi attempted to console him. "I hope we're able to make up to you soon, kook. I hope we can go back to the days when we were together, as friends… maybe something more, if you want to." Yoongi said.

"Of course I want to, Hyung." Jungkook said, pulling out of the hug to wipe his tear filled eyes with closed fists. "I want to do everything you did with Hobi hyung, or what Jin Hyung did with Joonie Hyung or what Jimin hyungie did with Tae Hyung." Jungkook said with a small smile towards yoongi. "But… it's just too overwhelming. I- I just need a bit of time to get accustomed to the present version of you guys." He continued.

"I know baby. That is exactly why we are doing this." Yoongi said. "Now, you should head to bed before Jin Hyung comes and kicks me to Neptune for making you cry, alright?" Yoongi jokingly asked, making jungkook giggle through his remaining tears.

"I won't let him do anything to you, hyungie. And… I'm back now. Please don't hurt yourself anymore. I'm back home now." Jungkook said with a wide smile.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
A/n:

I guess this is going to have monthly updates now?-

Also, guys, do you have any requests for what they should do on their dates? Cause I honestly have zero clue about what I should make them do.

Anyways, hope you enjoyed the chapter and yeah! See you next month! :')

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━