12

Instantly, Ithlilen and Raph took guard of Clara. They didn't know exactly who he was, but judging by the fact their sister froze up faster than supercooled water at - 54 degrees Fahrenheit, they knew he wasn't anyone good.

"Clara, who is this guy?" Ithlilen asked eyeing the guy closely. Ethan stood with a smirk never wavering. There was absolutely no concern shown in his expression what so ever. Even when both brothers took a place on either side of Clara.

"Ethan. W-Wow...it's you.." She attempted to act as pleasantly surprised as she could despite her knees feeling weak again. Unlike the first time however, she wasn't as shocked. Holding her own around him is the first step to actually being semi okay around him. She can't do that if she's fainting every time she sees him.

"Well yeah, it's me! We saw each other in History before, remember? You kinda passed out." Ethan chuckled creating an illusion he was just a nice guy. "I asked around about you. Wanna to make sure you were okay."

Clenching her lips tightly together, the only thing she could muster out was a "Mmhm."

Ithlilen and Raph who both didn't know exactly how to handle the current situation continued to stand beside Clara protectingly. Ethan kept his eyes right on Clara as if the presence of the boys didn't bother him in the slightest. As much as he scares Clara, there was something very different about Ethan from last time she had seen him.

His dark hair and dark eyes still held the same mystery as they had the first time she'd ever spotted him. However, instead of his usual dark clothes and hunched posture, he wore bright and radical color combinations. He held himself strongly with his broad shoulders open wide. It seemed as if it would be impossible he could be hiding something with such a stance.

"Well, I guess I'll see you later in class, huh? Bye." Ethan smiled casually pushing out into the crowd of students with finesse while managing to dodge the two jocks deciding the lunch line is the best place to practice their offense and defense using a tin water bottle as their ball.

"Man, what a creepy mother-trucker." Ithlilen mumbled. "Like seriously, if he isn't on the FBI's most wanted criminals by the age of 25...I'll be shocked."

"I wouldn't say that...we already know he isn't above hurting people." Clara shook. Remembering the conversation she had with Charlotte and Shepherd about who Ethan was to her, she told them he was a fling...or a little more than a fling. Remember the camp brought a lot of different types of memories. Some of which cause actual mental breakdowns upon reciting.

Sitting on her bottom bunk, Clara had been tiredly trying to wind down after the long day of being the camps enemy. Due to Lena having gained a very...friendly partner in Ethan, it was even more shocking when the hooded boy showed his face on her cabin doorstep. One of the reoccurring questions the girl finds herself asking in her mind is "why"? "Why did I do that?" Was it for revenge? Was it for my pride? What possessed Clara to accept that boy's disgusting offer?

Those choices haunted her but, what haunts her even more is the fact that wasn't the last time. At this point, the cruel names being said about Clara weren't even lies anymore. And despite no one besides herself and Ethan knowing about those nights, having to face Lena, even if it was at a distance...made Clara feel dirty and sick to her stomach. Looking back now, telling Shepherd and Charlotte that side of the story was out of character. Not even her own parents know about those nights. They'd have a freak out session for days straight.

"Clara, are you gonna be okay?" Ithlilen asked gently taking his sister by her shoulders. "Every time you see him...you almost pass out."

"I'll be fine. I have to be fine." She shook her head determined