27

In a rush, Ithlilen barged into the house. There to meet him stood Clara and Raph. He didn't need to say anything, the panic in his features said it all. In an instant, Raph had his twin wrapped in a hug. Even if they became polar opposites as they grew up, their bond never weakened.

"I...I just don't understand! I checked my phone and I see the message I sent you....but somehow the same exact message sent to Mom too." Ithlilen's breath hitched while they teenager attempted to fight off his emotions.

"Maybe it's a glitch?" Clara questioned

"Have you ever heard of this glitch happening before? Glitch or not...it screwed me!"

"I think the more concerning notion would be if I isn't a glitch." The sister shrugged. "Hey, Theo, bro, look at me. Will they be mad? Yes. Will they ground you? Probably. Will they disown you? No. So take a moment...gather yourself."

"Thanks, Clara. I'm just...freaked out right now. They keep trying to call me...what do I even say?"

Clara looked to the floor knowing there's only one option left. However, Raph beat her to the punch.

"Own it."

"W-What?"

"Raph is right. The only safety net left to stop you from hitting the ground is...be honest. Own what you did. Even though you know the outcome won't be good. Maybe...maybe they'll appreciate your honestly and show you mercy?" Clara explained sending a nod Raph's way.

"I thought you said they weren't going to disown me?! The way you're talking...makes it seem like they're gonna murder me!"

"What?! No! They won't murder you. However, Momma isn't gonna be a pleasant life form to be around when they get home. We all know what happens when she gets upset."

Shivers went down all of their spines. For the most part, the three of them were good kids. Compared to others, they were a walk in the park quite frankly. But, as all kids, they did find themselves in situations every once in a while. Each one having their "big moment" where they did something so wrong it warranted the question of 'how are you still alive?'

With every moment, there was always one of the two Moms the kids would attempt to avoid at all costs. And nine times out of ten, it's Cady. People who know Regina and Cady wouldn't assume it'd be this way. However, the amount of times the kids have ran to Regina to hide behind her as Cady hurried after them like an owl swooping in to attack it's prey, happened...and still happens more often then an outsider might think.

One night specifically pops into Clara's head when she's wanting to cringe. They were on their way home from Regina's Mom's place when Clara spoke up from the backseat.

"Momma, we have to go to the store. I have to do a poster for homework."

Cady turned to face her 6 year old, "Okay, we'll pick up everything we need tomorrow when Mommy and I get out of work."

"No we can't!" She exclaimed with slight panic in her voice.

"Why not, Belle? It's too late to go out now." Regina chimed in from the drivers seat. She had a gut feeling rising, she knew exactly where this was headed.

"It's due tomorrow!"

And there it is.

"Clarabelle! I asked you before we left for Nana's if you had all your homework done! Did you lie to me?" Cady asked glaring at the child.