35 : (Finale Part 1)

Clara hurried her way through the hospital as quickly as possible. She knew if she hesitated or took even one moment to rest, she'd be found by her mothers who were undoubtedly searching everywhere for her.

Once outside, the girl forced her way through the large parking lot to the family car. She hadn't noticed how cold it had been outside that night. Maybe it was just the shift of the mood.

Putting the key in the ignition, Clara couldn't help but take a sigh to settle her raging gut. Finally, she pulled out of the narrow parking space and started on her way. In any other situation, Clara would be petrified of the fact she basically stole her mothers' car and was driving away without them knowing where she was headed. However, in this situation, Clara decided she'd only worry about those consequences if she actually made it back alive.

The headlights from oncoming traffic burned Clara's eyes as she kept her attention glued to the road in front of her— barely blinking. Usually she has music playing as she drives, however she couldn't get herself to pick the song which had the potential to turn into her death song—no song deserves to be shamed like that. Besides, between all the messages and calls being received at the moment...it's not like she'd be able to get through a song anyway.

Due to this, the only sound to accompany Clara was the GPS occasionally giving directions. For the last couple weeks, Clara's thoughts raged never giving her a break. Even when she was sleeping—she was dreaming about it. All the events leading up to now sparked so much fear, regret, and anxiety that for the first time in months...Clara's mind was blank.

Her body hunched over the steering wheel, but her mind proved to be empty.

....................................................

"Why isn't she picking up?!" Ithilien demanded as he attempted Clara's phone number once again. "Does she actually WANT to die?! What kind of person—who knows someone is out there after them—goes running right towards the person whose after them?!"

Cady had found a place situated in the corner of the hospital room. Her body ached with the knowledge her daughter escaped her. Regina was currently out searching the hospital, outside in the parking lot, and even the surrounding areas of the city.

She had been devastated to learn of Clara's past behavior while at the summer camp. That wasn't the little girl she raised—or she had thought not. Becoming a mother changed Regina in almost every way. It taught her patients, learning to put someone before herself for once, but most of all: the desire to want something better for your child.

Growing up forced Regina to realize the cruelty of her old ways. Being with Cady, despite seemingly impossible, opened her eyes to just how unpredictable life can be. When Cady had finally gotten pregnant with Clara with the help of a donor....Regina promised herself, Cady, and her unborn daughter that she'd do everything in her power to prevent a repeat of her selfish ways in Clara.

Now, she finds out—in a rather unsavory way—that all the pride she carried over having successfully raised a kind, and sweet child might have all been an illusion of just wishful thinking.

Still, there is nothing in the world that could make Regina truly hate Clara—even if she is upset by her past behavior...how can Regina truly not forgive her? At the end of the day, Regina had done equally cruel things in her time. Besides, a mother's love is stronger than anything—and that is exactly why Regina is searching like her own life depended on it to find Clara.

Cady felt just the same as Regina, she loved her daughter and the thought of losing her...was unbelievable. Between Ithilien's accident and learning of Clara's past...Cady doesn't know how much she can handle.