seventeen

✾✾✾

✾✾✾

they arrived at the hospital and sofia zoomed out of the van and through the hospital doors.

her little brother said he was going to wait for her at the front and he did.

they both ran towards the waiting room in front of the operating room and just on time the doctor exited the operating room.

"are you her children?" the doctor asked and she frantically nodded.

her friends were all already there, not too far away.

"she lost a lot of blood and some of her organs were already failing her. i'm so sorry, we tried our best," the doctor said.

"i'm sorry for your loss," he added and sofia's knees began to tremble as they gave up on her.

erick rushed to her side, kneeling down next to her, wrapping his arms around her immediately.

she covered her mouth with her hands and muffled her sobs. her little brother fell back into one of the chairs and luciana and becky sat with him in attempt of comfort.

sofia tried to steady her breathing but she failed. erick helped her up and sat her down in a chair opposite of her brother.

she felt like there was a brick on her chest and she couldn't breathe. she took in multiple deep breaths but it didn't change anything.

erick rubbed her back gently, holding her hands in his.

"i gotchu," he whispered softly into her ear and her breathing started to steady.

she blinked multiple times and wiped the tears slightly but they kept coming down.

she got up and walked to her brother. becky got up and let sofia sit next to him.

he sobbed into his sister's shoulder as she did the same. they only had each other now, with their father long gone and now their mother.

becky put her hand on her best friend's back, who turned her head slightly to look at her. becky offered her a sad smile.

....

after the funeral, sofia brought her brother to her apartment.

"it's fine if i stay here right?" he asked again and she nodded.

"julio, you're my brother. of course you can stay here," she said again.

he nodded and went to the guest room which will be his room now since he moved in.

erick came with her since she asked for him to accompany her. sofia brought erick into her room.

"i wanna cuddle," she pouted slightly and he chuckled.

they laid down on her bed and she threw herself onto him, hiding her face into the crook of his neck.

she fell asleep within minutes, and erick played with her hair.

she was drained. from the amount of crying and the funeral.

he shifted slightly to get more comfortable and her grip onto him tighten.

he kissed her forehead and soon enough they were both asleep.

"every time we let go, i scream and i call for more"

AUTHOR'S NOTE
idk what this was but here u go

ignore errors i didn't proofread

anyways the drafts problem i had with the messed up chapters and all, i solved it, finally and hopefully it won't happen again *knocks on wood*

and i released the cast for recuérdame go check that out