𝗉𝗍 1~ 𝖻𝗋𝖾𝖺𝗄 𝗎𝗉

request for Jdxhvc (my requestee of the year well done シ︎)

♪you were good to me- jeremy zucker, chelsea cutler

y/n~ your name

c/n~ your crush's name

r/n~ rival's name

r/g/n~ random guy's name

all italics are a memory

♡︎

"Hey Y/N!" C/N called as he ran towards me from the other side of the court.

I was watching him practise though it didn't really look like they were. The popular girls had come over from their cheer leading practise and one of them, R/N to be exact, had her head coyly resting on his shoulder, laughing contently as they all made conversation.

At first I was pretty pissed off by that but after C/N telling me countless times that it was nothing and 'she was just being friendly', I just learnt to ignore it. After all, I was spending more and more time with my friends than with C/N now anyway. 

I looked up from my book and furrowed my eyebrows at him. R/N was really clingy huh.

"Sorry but I'm gonna have to cancel our date tonight." He said in an unbothered manner. 

R/N giggled and whispered something in his ear, giving me the side eye as she was doing so. I discretely flipped her off before turning back to C/N, giving him a fake smile.

"Aw no! Don't worry though, I made plans with with R/G/N anyway. We're studying at his house tonight. And you are...?" I questioned, sincerely hoping that he only cancelled our date because he was busy with practise or his homework.

"Me and my friends made-" He took a quick glance at R/N and gave her a grin. "-plans that I just can't afford to miss. I'll text you tonight ok?"

I sighed and stood up, ready to head back inside. 

"Course. Have fun!" The smile falling from my face as soon as I had entered the school building.

The thing is, I still liked him. A lot. Even though I tried to play it off like I didn't care about him and R/N, or him and I never hanging out anymore but I did. And it really hurt.

"Hey Y/N. Do you maybe wanna go out on a uh date? With me?"

It was a sunny day in June. C/N, who was one of my friends at the time, had called me last night asking me if I could meet him at the park. I said yes and here we were, standing underneath a cherry blossom tree, the chirping of birds and the laughter of children could be heard all around us.

"I- yeah I would love too." I blushed and buried my head into the crook of my neck. I'd had a crush on this boy forever and the fact that he was actually asking me out felt so unreal to me.

"Perfect." He murmured in a low voice. He walked so he was standing right in front of me and took one of my hands in his. I managed to lift my face up to see that he was just as red as I was, a cute smile adorning his features.