Chapter 2: Tennis Trouble

Our young protagonist was on his way up to Honnouji Academy via tram with his bag over his arm. One of the rare occasions he would take this method, he would usually just walk up to the academy.

(Y/N): Up we go, mighty tram.

Mako: WAIT UP!!!

(Y/N) turned to see both Mako and Ryuko speeding towards the tram. (Y/N) kindly holds the door for them after entering the tram himself.

(Y/N): And in you go.

Ryuko: *Pants* Thanks.

Mako: THANK YOU, (Y/N)!

Mako bows to the boy at an extraordinary rate, (Y/N) tells her to calm down while Ryuko starts inspecting the boy.

Ryuko: Hey, how did you make that wall appear yesterday?

(Y/N): Well... I'll explain that later. For now, let's just say, I'm a scientist who knows what he's doing.

Ryuko: Scientist?

(Y/N): You'll see what I mean, soon I expect. I don't want to show my whole hand this early, do I? It's only Chapter 2.

She sits down and looks out the window to see the scenery change. It went from the slums to what looked like a middle class area.

Ryuko: There's a pretty distinct gap between rich and poor huh.

Mako: Well, it's a city ruled by Lady Satsuki. Top tier students get put into the exclusive residential area. Low tier students like us get thrown to the slums.

Ryuko: Your position in school determines how you live?

(Y/N): It's dumb yet straightforward. Looks like we're here.

The group gets off the tram and enters the school then starts heading to their class. They are currently in the courtyard when Mako starts talking.

Mako: Oh yeah that reminds me! Ryuko, if you need a place to-

While she was mid sentence, dozens of tennis balls smack Mako in the face in rapid succession.

(Y/N): Oh dear.

Mako: Mom said that-

More tennis balls smacked her.

Mako: If you don't have a-

She was about to be hit with another round of tennis balls but suddenly a wall coming from the ground blocked them. Ryuko and Mako were confused then looked back at their mysterious friend who had his hands on the ground.

Ryuko: What the hell?!

(Y/N): When I said scientist earlier, I was referring to the science of-

Mako: WOAH! (Y/N)! YOU'RE A WIZARD?!

(Y/N): Not a wizard. I'm an alchemist. The science of alchemy.

Mako: WOAH! What's alchemy?

(Y/N): Well-

???: You're the transfer student who was rude to Lady Satsuki, as I recall. Stay out of this. I'm the girls tennis club president, Omiko Hakodate!

Omiko was a girl with a rather large skirt with plenty of tennis balls on the bottom, she also had a sleeveless shirt, a white cap, a sniper scope on her right eye and had a large red tennis racket.

Omiko: Club member Mako Mankanshoku has failed to fulfill her club obligations. She is being purged as a result.

Ryuko: What did Mako do wrong?

Omiko: She skipped yesterday's club practice. As a result she has to suffer the 110 million cannonball serves. An outsider has no room to complain about internal club-

(Y/N): Actually, if memory serves me right, yesterday Mako was kidnapped by Mr. Fukuroda. Not only that, two things would happen if we were to duel now. One, you would be late to class. Two, you would be defeated quite easily. You wouldn't want either of those things to happen now would you?

Omiko:...

Ryuko:...

(Y/N): But, I won't intervene with your fight. Come now Mako, I can get us to class much faster.

Mako: Ok, Mr. Wizard Man!

(Y/N) then clapped his hands together and pressed them to the ground. Suddenly the ground under (Y/N) and Mako shifted and carried them up to class.

(Timeskip)

Mako was tied with a rope to a pole while being barraged with tennis balls from all directions. (Y/N) was also tied up but with a chain. Around him were plenty of students who were all knocked out. Nobody knows how he was captured, he just was. After a minute, Ryuko appeared to save Mako by blocking every ball that was going to hit her. (Y/N) put his right hand on the chain and the chain disintegrated with a flash of lightning. He then went over to the two.

(Y/N): Hello there.

Ryuko: When did you get here?

(Y/N): I've been here a little bit.

(Y/N) just pointed to the scene that was behind him.

Ryuko: Oh...

Omiko walked over to the trio and needless to say, she wasn't very happy. She points her racket at (Y/N).

Omiko: What the hell did you do to my club members?! I hope you know we don't take that kind of treatment lightly around here!

(Y/N): I mean hey, what did I say earlier about you losing to me?

Omiko proceeded to get more irritated and fired more of her tennis balls at the boy. He proceeds to do the same thing he did last time and puts up a wall. He then creates a giant fist from under Omiko that hits her in the gut, stunning her.

(Y/N): Finish her now, Ryuko.

???: Disqualified!

They all turned to see one of the elite four members: Uzu Sanageyama.

(Y/N): Aw shaddup. Just do it, Ryuko. I'll make sure he doesn't get involved.

Ryuko: Right.

(Y/N) proceeded to clap his hands together again and the ground under Sanageyama became more liquid-like for a couple of seconds before becoming solid again, trapping his feet under the ground. The same thing happened to Omiko and then Ryuko proceeded to cut her uniform into shreds.

Sanageyama: You bitch, don't get so full of yourself.

Satsuki: Wait, Sanageyama, he clearly had the upper hand in this battle.

Ryuko precedes to walk towards Satsuki, hand on her glove, ready to fight. But (Y/N) stops her.

(Y/N): Geez, can we not fight for one day? You can talk things out you know. But not right now, let the dust settle a little. Come on, let's go home.

Ryuko: Oh... Alright, come on Mako, let's go.

Chapter 2 End