Chapter 15: The Philosopher's Stone

(Y/N): Impossible. That goes against what science has been telling us for hundreds of years. Are you telling me the theory of evolution is wrong? That some aliens are the reason for humanity's existence? I've seen a lot. I've fought homunculi, I've seen the truth of the whole universe, I helped kill someone who had the powers of God. But that is something I won't believe. Explain your so-called extraterrestrial life forms.

Ryuko: (Y/N)?

(Y/N): I know that this world has many strange things about it, but that I won't believe. I'll still fight against these things but I refuse to believe that they created humanity.

Mikisugi: On the topic of fighting them, there is something I need to give you.

He reached into the pocket of his coat and tossed (Y/N) something that made him go pale. It was a small red stone.

(Y/N): How the hell do you have one of these?

Mikisugi: Dr. Marcoh taught Dr. Matoi how to make one of these. He told me that when we go to war with Life Fibers, to find an Alchemist and give this to him.

Ryuko: What is that?

Mikisugi: That is what's called a Philosopher's Stone. It has the power to drastically improve anyone's ability to use alchemy. I was told that with that, you could bypass the law of equivalent exchange. (Y/N) can get his leg back with it.

Ryuko: Woah, that's seriously powerful. Wait, I just remembered.

She reached into her pocket and grabbed the stone that she found that she found at her family home.

Ryuko: Is this one of those stones?

(Y/N): Where the hell did you get that?

Ryuko: I found it at my dad's house.

(Y/N): Why didn't you tell me you had that?!

Ryuko: Because I thought it would be some kind of clue to my dad's killer and I forgot about it.

(Y/N): You dumbass!

Ryuko: Hey! What is that for?!

(Y/N): You didn't tell me that you had one of these!

Ryuko: Well it's not my fault that I didn't know what it was.

(Y/N): Sure but you still could have told me! That thing is the devil's work! There's no way in hell I'm fighting for you.

Ryuko: What?! What the hell was all that stuff earlier about fighting for friends?!

(Y/N): I need teammates that I can trust, a friend who will tell me when she finds some kind of clue. You need to tell me about this stuff. And I won't work for someone who wants me to use a Philosopher's Stone. I'm out of here. You can fight the stupid Life Fibers yourself.

(Y/N) stormed out and left the base.

Ryuko: Mikisugi, what the hell is the Philosopher's stone?

She said while glaring at her teacher.

Mikisugi: The Philosopher's stone is a legendary item created in (Y/N)'s home country. From what Marcoh told me, it was once the most sought out thing in Amestris. It's essentially able to break through any barrier of alchemy.

Ryuko: If that's the case then why is (Y/N) pissed about it?

Mikisugi: He's not mad about the abilities of the stone. It's what it's made of. The first Philosopher's Stone was made during a civil war. The stone was made of the lives of innocent people. It takes multiple humans just to make a small stone like this.