Chapter 5: The Beach

Bryce point of view:

I pick up Addison unexpectedly on my back and run towards the water. She's laughing on my back obviously loving it. When I get to the water I grab Addison off my back, somehow my arms are long enough to do that, and drop her into the water making sure to not hurt her. I take her shirt off and then mine, throwing them onto the sand where everyone else put their shoes. I then pick her up and throw her over my shoulder carrying her deeper into the water. Once we're deep enough I throw her off my shoulder so she softly lands in the water. "Omg Bryce!" She yells, wiping the water off her eyes. "Oh you're fine," I say, splashing her. She splashes me back and we get into a splash war for a good 5 minutes until we're interrupted by Jaden yelling at us.

"Hey guys! Get over here and have a chicken fight with me and Mads!" he yells, waving his hand to get us to go over there. I grab Addison's hand and pull her over to where they were. When I grabbed her hand I felt warm inside and got goosebumps, which was weird because that's never happened to me with a girl before, then again Addison's special, she's different. When we got over to them I let go of Addison's hand and got underwater for her to get on my shoulders. Once both girls were balanced and ready, they locked fingers and waited for Dixie to count down.
"Three"
"Two"
"One, go!"
Addison and Mads start to push eachother and I can feel Addison starting to loose her balance, about to fall, but she pulls together and eventually pushes Mads off Jadens shoulders.

We have a few more chicken fights and then just swim around for a few more hours. It eventually gets dark and we all get out of the water to head home. "Brrr I'm so cold, I didn't bring anything to dry off or keep me warm," Addison says while rubbing her arms with her hands. "Lucky for you I brought a hoodie," I say, picking up my hoodie and the shirts from the ground. "Here you go," I say while handing her my hoodie and t-shirt so she stays warm. "Thank you, Bryce," she says, grabbing them from me and putting them on. Is it weird that when she said my name it turned me on a little?

As soon as we get to the car of course the first thing Dixie, Mads, and Jaden see is that Addi is wearing my hoodie. "Awe!" they all say in sync, tilting their heads and making puppy eyes. "Nice hoodie Addison," Jaden says, smirking and looking between me and Addison. "Shut up and get in the car or else you're all walking home," I say, getting in the car so I can ignore their stupid comments about me and Addison. As much as I would love to hear more of them, I know they annoy the shit out of Addison and I hate that.

Addison point of view:

Today was one of the best days I've had in awhile, me and Bryce really bonded and I even got to wear his clothes. The only bad thing about today was that Mads, Dixie, and Jaden were mocking me and Bryce the entire time about us, as much as I want it to be true, it's getting really annoying.

We get back to the house around 11:30pm and as soon as we get inside we all go upstairs and go straight to bed. "Damn, I can't believe we swam for almost 12 hours," Bryce says, grabbing his sweatpants and going to the bathroom to change. "I know right," I say agreeing with him, grabbing my sweatpants and a comfy crop-top from my closet and sitting on the bed waiting for him to get out of bathroom. After basically an eternity Bryce finally comes out of the bathroom. "Finally, what took you so long?" I ask him getting up and walking towards the bathroom. "Hey, it's hard to get clothes on while your soaking wet," he says while sitting down on the bed and turning on the tv.

Once we're both in bed we fall asleep immediately because we're both exhausted from swimming. I woke up at about 5:45am and had nothing to do, so I just went on my phone to occupy myself until Bryce woke up, which was only a few minutes after. "Hey, what are you doing?" Bryce asks me, turning around on his side to face me. "Oh sorry, did I wake you up? I just woke a few minutes ago and I figured I would just stay up," I tell him, turning to face him and propping myself up on my elbow. "No, you didn't wake me, I woke up super early too," he says while laughing, and I start laughing with him. "I'm gonna go drive around, wanna come with me?" he says, getting up and grabbing his car keys and putting a shirt on. "Yeah of course I do," I say and I put my hair in a messy bun and slide my slippers on.

We walk quietly to out the door and get in the car. "Where are we going?" I ask Bryce, who's eyes are focused on the dark road ahead of him. "Well I wanted to show you something," he says smiling, turning his head towards me for a split second before turning back to the road.

A few minutes later we arrive back at the beach. "What are we doing back here?" I ask him, wow I'm just full of questions this morning. "Come with me," Bryce says, offering his hand out to me. I take his hand and we walk down to the water but not going in it this time. We sit down on the sand and Bryce turns to me, still keeping his hand on mine. "I brought you here to watch the sunrise," he says, "I've never brought anyone with me before, so this is new to me," he continues on, facing back towards the sunrise. "Thank you for bringing me here," I say as I squeeze his hand, letting him know that I really appreciate it. "Addison," Bryce says, then turning his whole body towards me. "Yeah," I say back to him, doing the same. "I need you to know how I really feel about you," He starts breathing heavily, I can tell he's nervous about what he just said. I don't say anything because I want to really want to hear what he has to say.

"I have never felt this way about a person before, and trust me I've had plenty of girlfriends to know. You make me want to be a better person and I just want you!" He says, breathing heavily obviously nervous about how I will react. "I feel the exact same way," I say, staring at him and then his lips, I could tell he's staring at mine too. I lean in and he does the same, then our lips softly touch and we start kissing. After a few seconds Bryce cups my cheek in his large hand and intensifies the kiss, sliding his tongue in my mouth and I do the same with mine, grabbing his neck in the process. Bryce then moves his hands from my cheeks to my hips, pulling me closer to him. I pull his hair and I hear Bryce groan, he obviously likes it.

We then hear a car pull up and I instantly get up and drag Bryce with me back to his car so we don't gross anybody out. We get in the car and out of the blue Bryce tells me, "I want to take you on a date," he says, staring at me intensely. "Yeah, ok," I say, not trying to sound too excited, but I failed.