Chapter 14: what happened...

Bryce point of view:

"I didn't find anyo-" I start to say as I walk down the stairs but stop when I see Addison curled into a ball on the floor and crying. I run to her and sit down on the floor to comfort her. She hugs my waist and cries into my stomach. I ask her what's wrong but instead of answering she just hands me her phone. I see Mads contact name at the top and about 10 messages from her. One of them reads, "Addison, please answer! Dixie, Griff, Josh, Nessa, and Jaden had just gotten into a terrible car crash! Please get here as soon as you can!" As I read the text my eyes start to water.

I grab Addisons chin so she is now facing me and I say, "Addison, we need to go see them," I say as I get up. "Yeah let's go,"  Addison says as she stand up with me. We walk out to the car and drive to the hospital. 

When we get there we both run in and Addison asks the front desk for the room numbers. Addison goes to Jadens room first and I go to Josh's.

I get to his room and see him laying in his bed sleeping. I try to hold it in but I can't and I start uncontrollably crying while hugging Josh. Josh is like my brother and I would hate it if anything happened to him. I look down and remember something that Josh always says, "Nice Cock," I say mockingly and cry some more.

Man, these past two days is the most I've cried in my life.

Addison point of view:

I run to Jadens hospital room and see Mads standing next to his bed holding his hand. I knock on the door and Mads hugs me immediately. "It was all my fault! It was all my fault!" she says as she cries into my shoulder, "No, no, no, no Mads, it wasn't your fault! Not at all!" I tell her. "Yes it is! I know Griffin shouldn't be driving in the dark without his glasses but I let him do it anyway!" she says. "No don't say that! It is no ones fault! But can you please explain to me what happened?" I ask her. She let's go of me and looks at me, her eyes puffy and red from all the crying.

"Uhm, well, obviously Josh, Nessa, Jaden, Dixie, and Griffin had driven all in the same car and like I said Griffin was the one driving. So they were just driving on the highway and- and-" she struggled with words, "and a truck came and tried to switch lanes but Griffin didn't see him and the truck rammed right into their car and they slid off the road into a ditch and now the front and right side of the car is smashed," she finishes and starts to cry even more, "And the truck rammed right into the passenger back seat which is wear Jaden was sitting!" she continues and she drops her face into the palms of her hands. "That truck must have hit them pretty hard," I say as I cry with her. "Yeah it must have," she responds.

"Has the doctor said anything about what's happening with them?" I ask her. "Yeah, he said that Jaden had it the worst, he has a fractured hip and arm, Nessa has a sprained ankle, Griffin has a broken wrist and knee,  Dixie has torn acl, and Josh only has a few bruises because he was in the middle backseat which was the most protected," Mads tells me. I look over at Jaden and see that he already has a cast on his hip and on his arm.

Mads leaves the room to go check on Nessa and I just sit in there praying for Jaden. After about 45 minutes he finally wakes up and looks over at me. "Hey," he says. "Hey, are you ok?" I ask him, what a stupid question. "Um obviously not," he says and laughs but stops immediately. "It hurts when I laugh, or cough, or sneeze or anything else like that" he says and grabs the cast on his hip. "It'll get better, don't worry," I say and smile at him. "The doctor said that I have to be here for atleast 2 weeks before I can go home," he says. "Oh well atleast your ok, your really lucky that nothing worse happened to you," I tell him. "Yeah, ugh, I need to sleep more, it doesn't hurt when I sleep," he says as he closes his eyes. "Ok, well I'll let you sleep," I say and I walk out of the room.