Chapter 12: The Carnival

Bryce point of view:

the first thing I see when I turn the corner is Dixie, Josh, and Jaden running towards the front gates. "Hey!" I shout trying to get their attention. They all stop suddenly and slowly turn to face me and Tayler. "What the fuck were you guys doing," I ask them. "We were just um getting something from our cars and we were just trying to get to everyone else before they left the gates," Jaden says not convincing me at all that that's what they were actually doing. "If you were getting something from your cars, then why were you running as if you just came from that way if your cars the opposite direction?" I ask as I point behind me. Maybe I was wrong about thinking that my friends wouldn't listen in on my conversations.

"Ugh I can't take it anymore!" Josh shouts unexpectedly, "We were listening in on your conversation just now! And we were listening in on your phone call this morning!" "What the fu-" I try to talk but Josh interrupts me. "No stop talking! We only did that because Dixie had heard you say something about how Tayler can't tell someone something. She told me and Jaden that and we also heard you say that the person who can't know is Addison! We got even more worried and when you pulled Tayler aside so we eavesdropped on your conversation! Let me tell you Bryce, what we heard was not good!" "Leave it to pretzel boy to ruin things," Jaden says with annoyance in his voice. I'm completely shocked at what Josh just said, I can't believe they actually eavesdropped on me, some of my closest friends invaded my personal space, but they did have good reasoning behind it. "Listen guys, I can explain..."

Addison point of view:

I get my wristband on for the rides and look around for Bryce, just to realize he's not anywhere around. Everyone else has already gone to go play games and ride rides but I decided that I would wait for Bryce, Jaden, Josh, and Dixie, how long does it take 3 people to get something from a car?

About 5 minutes later they all come through the gate, I also see Tayler who I had no idea was out there. They get their wristbands and we all walk around trying to find the rest of our group. We eventually find them in line for a rollercoaster called "The Thunderstorm". "Hey guys," I say as we get in line with them. "Hey where were you guys?" Nessa asks us. "Oh we were just outside talking and had gotten caught up in the conversation," Jaden says. "And I was waiting for them," I say. "oh ok," Nessa responds and turns away from us.

The rest of the night we're all just riding rides,playing carnival games, and having fun together. I keep purposely choosing to ride scary ones because I want an excuse to hold on to Bryce.

----

It's now 8:30 and the night is coming to an end. Bryce wants us to ride the Ferris wheel so we start to walk over there. This Ferris wheel is one of the ones that have a full cage surrounding us. We get there and I see that no one else is in line which is weird because usually they have the longest lines. I step inside and see a blanket on the ground and some sushi. 

"What is this?" I ask Bryce. "Well, it's our first date," he tells me and sits down, "I got the operator to shut down the ride for the rest of the night so he could leave us at the top and we could eat in peace." "Bryce, this is amazing! I love it!" I say as I sit down as well, "but how did you even convi-" I start to talk again but Bryce cuts me off, "Let's save those questions for tomorrow and let's just have a nice time tonight," he says and grabs my hand. We slowly start to move towards the top. Once we're there I look down and see the colorful lights and people playing games and having fun, this is the best first date ever.

Bryce point of view:

Addison steps inside and her eyes immediately go wide. She asked me what it was and I told her it was our first date. I could already tell she loved it before she told me herself. We get to the top and Addison looks down at the beautiful view of the whole carnival, her eyes are full of joy. Her reaction to this was better than I thought.

I'm happy Tayler agreed to not tell Addison about this earlier. 

This chapter is a little shorter than the other ones but I hope you guys still enjoyed it and please comment your opinions on it <3