Chapter 4

"But it's a trick," Clint claimed. "No, no, it's much more than that," Thor said. "'Ah, whosoever be worthy shall haveth the power. Whatever, man! It's a trick," Clint said. "Please, be my guest," Thor said. "Come on," Tony urged.

"Really?" Clint asked. "Yeah," Thor said, and Clint got up, putting his drumsticks in one hand. "Oh, this is gonna be beautiful," Rhodey said. "Clint, you've had a tough week. We won't hold it against you if you can't get it up," Tony said, and we all chuckled. "You know I've seen this before, right?" Clint said and grabbed the hammer.

"I still don't know how you do it!" He said as he unsuccessfully tried to lift the hammer. "Smell the silent judgment?" Tony smirked. "Please, Stark, by all means," Clint said, and Tony got up. "Okay. Uh-oh. Mmhm," Was heard from the group. "Never one to shrink from an honest challenge," Stark said, walking over to the hammer.

"Get after it. It's psychics. Physics," We muttered. "Right, so, if I lift it, I then rule Asgard?" Tony asked. "Yes, of course," Thor lied. "Don't worry, Tony, if you can't lift it. I doubt you could, at your age," I joked. "I will be reinstituting Prima Nocta. Also, did you just call me old?" Tony asked me.

"Yep," I said. He tried and failed, to lift the hammer. "I'll be right back," He said, walking off and returning with one of his suit's gloves. But no matter how hard he tried, even with Rhodey's help, he couldn't lift the hammer. Bruce couldn't lift it either. "Go ahead, Steve. No pressure," Tony said as Steve rolled up his sleeves.

"Come on, Cap," Sam said, and Steve tried to lift the hammer. It moved, barely, but it moved. "Nothing. And, Widow?" Steve asked, sitting back down. "Oh, no, no. That's not a question I need answered," Natasha said, sipping her beer. "What about you, Ellie?" Clint asked.

"I don't want to humiliate all of the old men in this room," I said, smirking. "Are you calling us old?" Tony asked. "Well, Cap over here is chronologically near 100, you, Clint, and Bruce are all in your forties, and Thor's in his thousands. Yeah, I'm calling y'all old," I said. "What about Nat?" Steve asked. "It's not wise to guess a woman's age," I said.

"All deference to the Man Who Wouldn't Be King, but it's rigged," Tony claimed, sipping a beer. "You bet your ass," Clint said, clapping him on the shoulder. "Steve, he said a bad language word," Maria said, pointing at Clint. "Did you tell everyone about that?" Steve asked. "The handle's imprinted, right? Like a security code. 'Whosoever is carrying Thor's fingerprints' is I think is the literal transition," Tony said.

"Yes. It's a very, very interesting theory. I have a simpler one. You're all not worthy," Thor said, getting up and flipping the hammer. The room filled with objections as I got an idea. "Tony, I want to test that theory of yours. You have any double-sided tape?" I asked. Tony left and brought back a roll of double-sided tape. "Thor, give me your hand," I said, and Thor extended his hand.

I got all his fingerprints on the tape, then pressed the other side to my fingers so that all my fingers were covered with double-sided tape. "Now, if Tony's theory is correct, which I doubt it is, I should be able to lift this hammer with no issue," I said, wrapping my hand around the handle of the hammer, which was back on the table. I pulled on the hammer and ended up lifting it with ease. The others stared at me in shock. I set the hammer back down and pulled the tape off my fingers.

"I hate to admit it, but the old man's right,"

@Arya5423 sent me this image, so shoutout to her. Also, I have decided to add a meme or image or something at the end of each chapter in case people are having a bad day. Also, also, this scene will be important later 👀.

 Also, also, this scene will be important later 👀