Chapter 17

I ran to the church as fast as I could. Wanda was on her knees, screaming in anger and sadness at the loss of her brother. She left, probably to go find Ultron, leaving me to watch the core. A bot crawled up and hit the core just as I arrived. The city started plummeting towards the ground.

3rd Person POV

"Thor, on my mark," Tony said as he blasted the core. On the carrier, Clint sat up, looking around for Ellie. He realized she was still in the city and ran towards the entrance to the carrier. Cap grabbed him by the arms, stopping him from jumping off. "No!" He screamed, fighting against Cap's grip.

"Do it, Thor!" Ellie ordered. Thor held Mjolnir up, lightning crackling from it. He slammed it down onto the core, and the rock holding the city on it exploded. It fell into the water, Tony dodging the rubble as it fell. Clint watched as Ellie plummeted through the air, falling limply towards the water.

Tony saw her, and flew over, picking her up. He brought her to the carrier the others were on, setting her down in a seat, Cap let go, and Clint ran over to her. "Are you okay?" He asked. "Yeah, it's just been a long day. Can we just..not go in tomorrow?" She asked, lying down across the bench. "We can just stop coming in," He offered.

"That sounds nice,"