Chapter 10

"Ellie, could you wake our guests while I get started on breakfast?" Clint asked, coming downstairs and into the living room, where I was standing. "Sure," I said, making sure my leg was secure and making my way upstairs. The guest room was the first door, so I went in first. "Get up, I'll be back in 5 minutes," I said, moving to Cooper's room. "Get up, I'll be back in 5 minutes," I said, then went to Lila's room.

"Get up, I'll be back in 5 minutes," I said, then went back downstairs. "I gave them a 5-minute notice," I said. After 5 minutes were up, I went into the guest room and ripped the sheets off Nat and Bruce. "Mm... what time is it?" Bruce mumbled. "8:30. You got to sleep in. Now get up before all the hot water gets used," I said, leaving the room.

I went into Cooper's room, to see Steve already up and trying to coax Cooper out of bed. "At least someone listened to me," I said, moving to Lila's room. "Come on, hawkling," I said, shaking Lila awake. Then I moved to the cot Tony was sleeping on. For the fun of it, I decided to annoy him awake.

"Wakie wakie, rise and shine!" I chirped, pulling the sheets off. I went back downstairs again, and after 5 minutes of only Steve appearing, I took drastic measures. Grabbing the dummy gun that I used for training, I went back upstairs. Standing in the middle of the hall, I 'fired' the gun 5 times. In return, I got a chorus of groans and 'alright, I'm up!' from the team.

"Ellie, what did I say about firing guns in the house?" Clint asked from downstairs. I went back downstairs, setting the gun on the coffee table. "It was a dummy gun, and it woke everyone up," I said. "It's better than what they did in the army," Steve said. Eventually, a line of unhappy teammates wandered downstairs, shuffling their feet and grumbling.

"I hate you," Nat mumbled. "Well, y'all sleep like rocks," I said, ignoring the glare Tony was shooting me. "Since there's so many of us, we're eating outside," Clint said. We were each instructed to grab something, I got the plates, and we all trudged outside to the picnic table. Laura, Cooper, and Lila were already there, having gone straight outside.

"Ellie, were you firing guns in the house again?" Laura asked. "I had to get the crazy train up somehow. We sleep like rocks, you know that," I said, passing the plates out. "Wait, again? This is a normal occurrence?" Tony asked. "It happens more than you think," Clint said as I slid into my spot. On my side, in this order, was Clint, me, Tony, and Steve.

On the other, was Bruce, Nat, Cooper, and Lila. Laura was at the end of the table so she could have some space. We all ate in silence, most of the team annoyed at me for waking them up. It was nice, quiet, and simple for about 3 days. Laura had asked Tony to look at our tractor that didn't want to start up.

Our real trouble began when Fury showed up.

a/n They proved each other wrong after all