Chapter 24

Tony walked into the surveillance room, following Ross. As he passed by the monitors, two caught his attention. They were both playing live feed of Wanda and Ellie, who were both sat against the walls in their cells, arms bound in straightjackets. A wave of regret washed through him. They had chosen the wrong sides, but they didn't deserve this.

He entered the main cell block, where Clint, Scott, Sam, and Tanya were being kept. A clap echoed through the space as Tony looked around. "The Futurist, gentlemen! The Futurist is here! He sees all, he knows what's best for you, whether you like it or not," Clint hung his head as Tony approached. "Give me a break, Barton. I had no idea they'd put you here, come on," Tony said, annoyed. "Yeah, well, you knew they'd put us somewhere, Tony," Clint responded.

"Yeah, but not some super-max floating ocean pokey. This place is for maniacs. This is a place for..." Tony cut himself off. "Criminals? Criminals, Tony. Think that's the word you're looking for. Right? That didn't use to mean me. Or Sam, or Wanda. But here we are," Clint said. "Because you broke the law," Tony defended. "Yeah," Clint said. "I didn't make you. You read it, you broke it. You're all grown up, you've got a wife and kids. I don't understand, why didn't you think about them before you chose the wrong side?" Tony sneered.

"I did think about them, and look where I ended up. In a place where they put kids in straightjackets," He snapped. "They're dangerous," Tony's face was emotionless. "They're kids," Clint argued. "They don't grant pardons to weapons of mass destruction!" Tony shouted. "They're kids! And they're being treated like animals!" Clint yelled back.

Annoyed, Tony moved on. "You gotta watch your back with this guy. There's a chance he's gonna break it!" Clint banged on the glass of his cell. "Hank Pym always said you can never trust a Stark," Scott said as Tony passed. "Who are you?" Tony asked. "Come on, man," Scott said, annoyed.

"How's Rhodes?" Sam asked, his back to Tony. "They're flying him to Columbia Medical tomorrow...so fingers crossed. What do you need? They feed you yet?" Tony asked. Sam turned around, sending Stark a look. "You're the good cop, now?" He asked.

 "I'm just the guy who needs to know where Steve went," Tony said. "Well, you better go get a bad cop...because you're gonna have to go Mark Fuhrman on my arse to get information out of me," Sam said. Tony fiddled with his watch, taking out the audio. "Well, I just took the A out of their AV. We got about 30 seconds before they realize it's not their equipment. Just look. Because that...is the fellow who was supposed to interrogate Barnes. Clearly, I made a mistake. Sam, I was wrong," Tony admitted. "That's a first," Sam remarked.

"Cap is definitely off the reservation...but he's about to need all the help he can get. We don't know each other very well. You don't have to..." Tony said. "Hey, it's all right. Look, I'll tell you...but you have to go alone and as a friend," Sam said. "Easy," Tony said. After being informed by Sam where Steve was, he moved on to Tanya's cell. "Who are you?" He asked.

"Tanya Simmons or Tanya Samson. Take your pick," She said, leaning against one of the walls. "Tanya Simmons died in Sokovia," Stark claimed. "No, I did not. Felt like it, though," She said. "How old are you?" He asked.

 "I'm 16, though I've seen more shit than most have in a lifetime," She snapped. "Like what?" He asked. "I'm not telling. Though, thank you, Stark. You've landed me in my fourth prison cell and effectively ruined my life. How many other people have you done that to?" Tanya asked, moving to stand next to her bed. "I didn't ruin your life. You did," He said. "Who was the one time who was too stubborn to see what the Accords were trying to do? You, that's who. You haven't only ruined my life. You ruined all the lives of the people stuck rotting in these cells," She sneered.

"Who the hell do you think you are?" He asked. "I don't know. But I'm sure I'll have plenty of time to figure that out as I rot away for the rest of my life in here," She sneered. Frustrated, Stark walked off. He arrived in front of the cell Ellie was being kept in. She glared at him, before turning her head away, not saying a word.

"Don't give me that, Ellie. You're--" He started, but was cut off. "A weapon of mass destruction? Yeah, I heard everything. Nice to know that's what you think of me. I'm not an Avenger, not your teammate, not even a kid. No. A weapon that needs to be locked up before it hurts anyone," She sneered. Tony was left speechless. He had never heard her yell before. Stark's words hurt her more than he could know.

She doubted she could ever trust him again.

a/n Okay, I'm going to try this again. I have several Marvel-based books sitting in my drafts or Google docs, and I want to know which one you want to read. I will put a list and a reminder on every future chapter to come back here and vote on which book you want to see. You have 10 weeks, so from today, January 20th to March 31st. Here are your options:

-Gammastorm

-In A Mirror's Reflection

-Supernova

-Kufanelekile

-Valkyrie

-Shaman

-Whispers of the Past

-SHE

-Echo

-The Devil's Sin

-Spotlight

Please, please, PLEASE vote by commenting on which one you want to see. I really want your input for this series, but I can't do that without comments. This is all I ask of you. Just PLEASE vote, by a comment, by March 31st.