Chapter 20

1 Year Later...

"Ellie, come here!" Clint called from the barn. "Coming!" I called back, jogging over. He grabbed my arm and pulled me inside. "Steve just called, he needs our help," He said, then explained to me what we needed to do. We got into a white van, with me behind the wheel, and took the long drive to Upstate New York.

I watched as an explosion went off, leaning on my hand as I waited for Clint and Wanda. I heard rustling and Clint and Wanda emerged from the trees. I reached back and slid the door open. "Get in, before Vision gets back up and we get in trouble," I said, and Wanda got into the back, Clint in the seat beside me. "So, where to next?" I asked.

"San Fransisco, and we're flying this time," Clint said, so I twiddled with the wheel until we were back on the road and heading towards the airport. After snagging 3 last minute tickets, we arrived in San Fransisco at midnight. We found a crappy 24/7 motel and got a room. There were two beds, so Wanda and I shared one for the night. "Why're we here?" I asked as we looked for somewhere to get some breakfast.

"We're looking for Scott Lang. He goes by Ant-Man. Sam met him, he broke into the facility once," Clint explained. "Okay," I said, as we entered a breakfast diner. After eating quickly, we set out to look for Scott. Eventually, after several hours of looking, we found him and invited him to a cafe. After putting several cups of coffee in him, and him falling asleep, we loaded him into the back of the truck.

Clint opted to drive, Wanda was in the passenger's seat, and I was sat on the floor in the back. It took a long time to get to Berlin, but we eventually made it. We were sat in the parking lot, waiting for Steve and Bucky to show up when an old blue car pulled into a spot a few down from ours. Steve, Sam, and Buck all climbed out, as we got out to greet them. A black-haired girl also got out from the backseat, she was presumably squished in with Bucky.

"Cap," Clint said, walking around the truck as I clambered out of the back seat through the passenger's seat. "Very graceful," I muttered, sliding out of the door. "You know I wouldn't have called if I had any other choice," Steve said, shaking Clint's hand. "Hey, man, you're doing us a favor. Besides, I had a little debt," Clint nodded towards Wanda, who was behind him. "Thanks for helping, by the way," Cap told Wanda.

"It was time to get off my ass," Wanda said. "How about our other recruit?" Steve asked. "He's raring to go. Had to put a little coffee in him, but he should be good," Clint said, opening the back of the van. Scott jumped awake when the door slammed open. I faintly noticed that the girl hadn't said anything.

"Who's that, Steve?" I asked, nodding towards the girl. "That's Tanya, she's here to help as well," Steve explained. "What time zone is this?" Scott asked, climbing out of the car. "Go on," Clint mumbled, shoving him towards Cap. "You're Captain America," Scott said, shaking his hand.

"Mr. Lang," Steve greeted. "It's an honor. I'm shaking your hand too long. Wow, this is awesome. Captain America. I know you too, you're great. Jeez. Uh, look, I wanna say, I know you know a lot of super people so thinks for thanking of me. Hey man," Scott rambled. "What's up, Tic Tac?" Sam greeted. "Uh, good to see you. Look, what happened last time--" Scott started. "It was a great audition, but it'll never happen again," Sam said.

"Did they tell you what we're up against?" Steve asked. "Uh, something about some psycho assassins," Scott said. "We're outside the law on this one. If you come with us, you're a wanted man," Steve warned. "Yeah, well, what else is new?" Scott muttered. "We should get moving," I jumped slightly.

I had forgotten Bucky was there. "I've got a chopper lined up," Clint said. A man speaking German suddenly came over the speakers, along with alarms. "They're evacuating the airport," Bucky said. "Stark," Sam concluded.

"Stark?" Scott asked, shocked. "Suit up," Cap ordered. "Why can things never be easy?" I mumbled to myself.

a/n We are into CA:CW! Ironically, I'm going to be watching this movie with my dad in...5 days, as of when this is published.