Chapter 7

We all trudged onto the quinjet, settling in for the flight. We were heading to the salvage yard where Ulysses Klaue was storing vast amounts of vibranium. Tony was at the wheel, Cap was leaning against the wall, and the rest of us occupied the plastic seats present in the quinjet. I was fidgety, pressing the button for my gloves over and over. My mask sat in my lap, and I wasn't going to put it on until we got to the salvage yard.

I heard the roar of the engine, and the quinjet exited the hanger. I stared out of the windshield, watching the clouds. "We're gonna be here for a while, so get comfy. JARVIS, take the wheel," Tony said, getting up from his chair. "Yes sir," JARVIS said, and Tony pressed a button, switching the quinjet to autopilot. I was on the end seat, nearest the door, and shifted so that my head would be in a better position.

I closed my eyes, focusing on the hum of the engine. The others had the same idea, all shifting so that we could sleep on our way here. Cap volunteered to take the first shift. We would switch every 2 hours so that at least one of us was awake in case we either arrived or were in danger. I nodded off quickly, soft snores already filling the quinjet.

I woke up to Nat shaking my shoulder. "It's your turn. Wake Cap up in two hours," She said, sitting down and getting comfortable. I sighed, getting up and stretching. I went and sat in the pilot's seat, but not taking the wheel. About 20 minutes into my shift, we hit some turbulence that didn't do anything.

Luckily, we all slept like rocks, so it didn't wake anyone up. I sighed as I saw storm clouds on the horizon. "JARVIS, how much time would it add to take a route around that storm?" I asked. "It should add another 20 minutes to our remaining 1 hour and 30 minutes," JARVIS said. "Okay, reroute the plane to avoid that storm," I said, and the wheel turned along with the quinjet.

It was quite peaceful, being adrift in the air. All I could see was clouds, like white chocolate chips in a blue cookie. Man, now I want a cookie. My stomach was growling after a day of not eating, so I got up and started foraging for food. I managed to find a pack of granola bars and grabbed two.

I unwrapped one, sticking it in my mouth as I sat back down. I finished in, then quickly down the other one. I crossed my legs, staring out into the sky and wandering off into my imagination. I came back into the real world when I saw the clouds start to change. I got up and went over to Cap, shaking him awake.

Then I woke Tony, then Bruce, then Thor, then Clint. All of us except for Nat were awake, and we were faced with a dilemma. Nat was not very kind to people who woke her up, and no one wanted to do it. "Let's draw straws," Tony said, grabbing some straws, including the dreaded short one. He put them into a bag, and we took turns reaching in with our eyes closed.

"Alright, open your eyes," Tony said, and we all looked at the straws in our hand. "Damn it," I muttered. "Steve, she said a bad word," Tony said, pointing at me. "Now is not the time," Steve replied. "Anyone have a stick or something?" I asked.

"I have a dull arrow," Clint offered. "That'll work," I said, taking it from him. Holding the arrow as far away as possible, I inched over and prodded Nat with it a few times. Her hand darted up and grabbed the arrow, and I quickly let go. "What do you want?" Nat growled.

 "We're almost there," I said as Nat got up. Cap was looking at the clock. "Ellie, we agreed to two-hour shifts," Cap said. "Eh, it was only ten minutes. I didn't see a point in waking you up before I had to," I said. "Well suit up. We're here," Cap said.

 "Thank you, Captian Obvious," I muttered, pulling my mask on. We left Bruce on the hanger, with the instructions to come if we called 'code green' over the coms. We crept onto the ship Ultron, the enhanced, and Klaue were on. I heard Ultron's robotic voice first because yay heightened senses. "Ultron and Klaue are up there," I whispered, pointing to the room they were gathered in.

"Okay. We need to split up. Clint, Nat, Ellie, find a way around. The rest of us will confront Ultron directly," Cap said, and we nodded. We crept down a hallway, with me leading the way because my senses were on steroids compared to most. It was cold, wet, and dark. It made the hair on my arm stand up. We all had our weapons out in case we ran into trouble, and I could hear the others from where we were.

"Stark, he's a sickness!"

Venom | Avengers: Age of Ultron [5]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara