Chapter 25

Ellie's POV, Two Days Later...

An alarm blared through the Raft as we sat in silence. Questions raced through my mind as I listened to the blare. I wasn't looking at the glass wall of my cell, so I didn't see Steve walking over. "Ellie?" My head snapped to the side. "Steve? What're you doing here?" I asked.

"I'm busting you out. I've already freed the others, they're waiting in the surveillance room," He said, shattering the glass with his fist. I scrambled up, and he undid the clips holding the jacket together. My arms felt free and loose as I pulled the jacket off. He also crushed the shock collar around my neck, and we joined the others in the surveillance. I snatched up my suit on the way, tucking it into the jumpsuit I was in.

"You're okay," As soon as we stepped inside, I was wrapped in a hug. "I need to breathe, you know," I wheezed, and he let go, turning to the others. "This has been fun, but believe us when we say that we are officially retired now," Clint told them. "Understood, Clint. Go home and take care of that brood of yours," Steve grinned. "Actually, I was thinking maybe we shouldn't," I admitted.

"What do you mean?" Clint asked, looking at me as I shuffled my feet. "We're criminals, now. Fugitives from the law. If we go home, that'll put our entire family in danger. I don't wanna risk that," I admitted. "She's got a point. Anyone caught harboring us could get sent to prison for who knows how long," Scott added. "You got space for two more?" He asked Cap, who nodded. "You guys are always welcome," He said.

"So, Cap, what's the plan?"

a/n So, originally, Ellie and Clint were meant to just go home, but the more I thought about it, I realized they would've stuck with Cap and the others because they didn't want to put their family in danger.