Chapter 18

We hopped out of the car after an excruciatingly long drive and started trudging up the path. My bullet wounds had been patched up and were covered under my suit because Laura would stick our heads on spikes if she found out I got hurt. We silently crept into the house, where Laura was making tea, and Cooper and Lila were reading. She froze and set the kettle down. She turned around, spotting us standing there with our stuff.

She smiled, running up and hugging us. Thank the gods she didn't notice the bandages wrapped around various spots on my arms and legs. She let go, looking at us. "So, when are you leaving again?" She asked. "The team's gonna be able to manage without us," Clint said.

"Ellie, are those bullet holes?" She asked. "Um...yes?" I said, my voice going up. "I thought I told you not to get hurt," She scolded. "Blame Ultron. He was the one trying to shoot us. I just happened to get in the way," I said, and she turned to Clint. "Please tell me she didn't make any more stupid decisions," She said.

"You know what? I'm gonna go get some water and let you two talk this out," I said, backing away. "Ellie, get back here right now and tell me what you did," Laura snapped. I begrudgingly went back. "Imight'vealmostdiedaftertellingThortohitthecoreholdingupthecitywhileIwasstillonit," I said quickly. "Say that slowly," She said.

"I might've almost died after telling Thor to hit the core holding up the city while I was still on it," I said slowly. "But I'm still here! I'm alive! Please don't change that!" I said quickly. "As long as you don't make any more stupid decisions. What about the rest of the team?" She asked. Clint and I's faces fell, remembering Pietro. "What? What is it?" She asked.

"Nate's middle name is going to be Pietro,"