Chapter 21

"Ellie, go with Sam and Bucky. The rest of us will head out onto the field. Sam, look for the quinjet," Steve said, then walked off. Sam, Bucky, and I moved to the hanger, where Sam deployed a small red and silver drone. "Aw, it's adorable," I said, smiling. My mask was off and in my hand. "His name is Redwing. Go ahead, pet him," Sam said.

I patted the drone, unable to wipe the dumb grin off my face. "How old are you?" Bucky asked. "17," I said bluntly, and his jaw dropped. Sam sent Redwing through a window to find the quinjet. "Wow, it's so weird how you run into people at the airport. Don't you think that's weird?" I heard Tony ask.

 "Definitely weird," Rhodey responded. "Hear me out, Tony. That doctor, the psychiatrist, he's behind all of this," Cap said, and my head shot up. I hadn't been told this part. "What's going--" Bucky started. "Shh. I can hear them," I said, tensing up as I heard someone else land.

 "Captain," A man with a thick accent said. "Your highness," Cap greeted. "Anyway, Ross gave me 36 hours to bring you in. That was 24 hours ago. Can you help a brother out?" Tony asked. "You're after the wrong guy," Cap insisted. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Bucky mouth something to Sam and Sam shrugged in response.

"Your judgment is askew. Your old war buddy killed innocent people yesterday," Tony said. "And there are 5 more Super Soldiers just like him. I can't let the doctor find them first, Tony. I can't," Cap defended. "Steve. You know what's about to happen. Do you really want to punch your way out of this one?" Nat's voice asked. "Alright, I've run out of patience. Underoos!" Tony called. I heard the sound of something being fired and someone landing on a metal structure.

"Nice job, kid," Tony said. My gut told me that a fight was about to break out, so I pulled on my mask. "Thanks. Well, I could've stuck the landing a little better, it's just this new suit...it's nothing. Mr. Stark, it's perfect, thank you," Another, new, voice said. "Yeah, we don't really need to start a conversation," Tony said. "Okay. Cap--Captain. Big fan, I'm Spider-Man," Spider-Man said.

"Yeah, we'll talk about it later," Tony said. "Hey, everyone," Spider-Man said. "Good job," Tony praised. "You've been busy," Cap observed. "And you've been a complete idiot. Dragging in Clint and Ellie, 'rescuing' Wanda from a place she doesn't even want to leave, a safe place! I'm trying to keep--! I'm trying to keep you from tearing the Avengers apart," Tony said.

"You did that when you signed,"

a/n Totally not updating during Social Studies. How dare you accuse me of such a crime.