Chapter 12

"Daddy who are those people who are trying to kill me?"

"It's my sister and her husband..."

"What?! I didn't knew you have a sister."

"I do, but we got in awful fight years before you were even born. We stopped talking to each other and than one day she tried to kill me."

"She? What about her husband?" I asked.

"She got married a year ago."

"And let me guess, she married Brad Beckerman, my ex husband." I said.

"How did you know?" He asked confused.

"We thought he is the one who tried to kill me."

"Why would he do that sweetheart?"

"Because we divorced and he didn't want to divorce and than he kept coming to my house saying he will kill me and my daughter."

"You have a daughter?"

"With Emilio, but I had to give her for adoption because I was scared of Brad."

"Baby girl, I have to go but I want you to stay here with Simon until police catch Katherine and Brad, okay?"

"Okay daddy, but what about you?"

"I'll be fine. I'm going back to New York to help police solve this case. I've been hiding enough."

"Be careful daddy. I love you." I said while hugging him tightly. I started crying. I was afraid of losing him again. He rubbed my back and than slowly pulled away and kissed my forehead.

"Simon, please, take care of my baby girl." He said and left room. I hugged Simon tight and cried. He cuddled me and we stayed like that for a while. I liked the feeling, it was warm and it was calming me down.

Only thing that I still don't know is why did dad and his sister got in fight? And why does she wanted to kill him, and most of all why does she want to kill me? I was so confused. And Brad in that whole situation didn't helped at all. What was he actually doing with Katherine? Did he got to her only because he wanted revenge on me? There were so many questions but so little answers and even less time. American Idol is supposed to starts soon and I need to go back to LA which means police have to catch Katherine and Brad so I can go on with my life normally.