Chapter 13 | The time when we were together

After 6 weeks. Key came back to his mother's house with Nancy his new girlfriend.

I was happy being single. But I have to admit that key has always been in my head for these past 6 weeks.

Before we used to always do sleep overs and I would just have fun with him as my friend. But when we grew up, My feelings grew and became more deep and eventually realized that I want to be with him for the rest of my life.

That can't happen. He's happy now and I don't want to ruin it for him.

I decided to stay in my room. Key and his family knocked on our door my mom called me before opening the front door.

"I'm sleeping mom." I said.

I went to my bed to actually sleep. But I couldn't sleep so I just played pc games.

My mom let them in and I hear their laughs so I covered my ears with music.

Key's pov
Y/n is sleeping.. I don't think so.

I sneaked up to their stairs and opened her door.. she doesn't lock doors.

I saw her playing games on her PC.

I know her so well that I know why shes playing rn.

She's tensed because in here.

I took her headphones. She looked at me and smiled sarcastically.

"Woah ur here?" Y/n said.

"Yes.. wanna come down stairs?" I asked her.

She replied with "I'm good. It's rude. I know, but I need to finish my game u know." She went back to playing games.

All I could do was hug her so I back hugged her and she suddenly pushed me away.

"Woah, were not kids anymore key. " She said as she chuckles.

"Yeah, but we're bestfriends." I said.

"Not like we used to." She said bluntly.

"Are you still mad at me?" I said.

"Are you planning to hurt your Nancy?" She said.

"... Nancy .. why it's not like we're a thing. We're still bestfriends." I defended my actions.

"We can't be anything." She said.

Y/n's POV
He really has no idea on what I'm about to tell him now. This might hurt myself but what can I do. It's for the best for both of us.

"We can't be anything." I said.

He got mad and turned my PC off.

"Can we talk without the games and stuff?" He said.

I've never seen him this angry and upset because of me.

"Yeah, we can't be anything you know why?" I said.

"Yeah why?" He said.

"Because I can't leave the fact that you're never gonna be with me and you're gonna spend the rest of your life with another girl. Is it that hard to understand. I want you to be able to love her. You liked me right? And I actually like u back. I wondered if u would react on me dating taemin. You did something, you left and decided to give up. I barely knew him that time. But u left." I said.

"So go now and pretend you never knew me." I said.

"I can't let you do this to me. Throwing away our friendship? No." Key said.

"I hate you. Just Go and leave" I cried out loud to the point that people downstairs heard me say that one sentence.

Key went silent. He tried hugging me but I refused.