𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢 𝚎𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝.

"aramis, you got strangers walking in yo house

"aramis, you got strangers walking in yo house." ray's voice echoed throughout aramis' house as edye walked in.

"very funny." she stuck her tongue out at him as she walked through the living room and sat on the couch between stevie and fuckshit. she wasn't even gone from them that long to be called a stranger.

"hey mamas." fuckshit greeted her, instantly wrapping his arms around her waist. he missed his girlfriend being around but he understood she was dealing with her family.

"hi." she grinned at him.

"ayo, how's shit with your family?" ray called out to her from the kitchen again. that's when edye noticed he and wynter were baking cookies together. bless them.

"ugh. so basically my dad's all like don't trust her, she'll only let you down and shit like he's mr. perfect." edye rolled her eyes, recalling the stuff that just happened to her the past few days.

"well that is his ex wife. maybe he's just hurt or some shit." aramis commented as he surfed through channels on the television.

"i guess.." she shrugged carelessly, playing with fuckshit's fingers. her mind was honestly a blur with how she was feeling.

"so you don't hate your mommy?" fourthgrade asked in confusion. the last time he checked, edye had a full on hatred for the woman.

"i don't know yet. i guess i'm just trying to hear her out. it's like i want to hate her in person but i can't and i don't know why." she explained her situation as he nodded. from what she could remember, they had good memories together but it was the divorce that forced them apart.

"i think you'll figure it out." stevie nudged her, hoping that she can be positive through it all. if anything he'd been in a situation with his parents too, only having his mom now. it was easily where him and edye bonded the most.

"thanks, sunburn." she smiled, ruffling his hair much to his dismay.

"yo family got issues." ruben butted in as he was loudly munching on some chips.

"oh shut up." edye rolled her eyes, sticking her middle finger up at him. of course they were buddies but she didn't feel like hearing his slick comments today.

"make me." he snickered before slyly sending a wink her way. he was getting way too comfortable with his flirting jokes but it wasn't like she'd give him the time of day anyway. she was more than sure her name was edye not estee.

"wow.." aramis laughed loudly at how bold ruben was being.

fuckshit furrowed his brows, tightening his arms around edye's waist. "yeah.. that's what we not finna do."

"he didn't mean that." she assured him, giving ruben a warning look. she then sighed, laying her head back on the couch with her eyes closed just to recollect her thoughts.

"shit, just relax. you've been stressed witcho family stuff and you've barely hung out with us." fuckshit pointed out. this was basically what he was just talking about. edye never gets a break from shit and he was tired of it.

"i guess you're right." edye nodded, noticing the stressful few days she'd been going through. she didn't even have the energy to smoke a blunt lately, she always just went straight to sleep.

"like i missed you. your laugh, your body. shit, them lips." he chuckled, caressing her face and running his thumb over her bottom lip.

"i think i get it." she laughed, grabbing ahold of his arm.

"no offense but your mom is straight trash if she don't want you in her life." fuckshit admitted, wanting her to feel better about it the situation. personally, he didn't like anything that was happening but whatever it was, he'd be there for her regardless.

"why is that kinda cute?" edye smiled, raising an eyebrow at him as he neared her face. she loved how he never failed to make her happy.

"because it's the truth." he grinned, kissing her lips while admiring her.