Things that dont change

Once I set foot inside the house my smile fades, straight up falls off my face. My dad is standing there with the biggest glare ever. His arms crossed tightly across his chest, body rigid and tight as stone and eyes full of anger.

"Where were you?" He asks calmly to calmly even though I know his furious.

"I-i-

Slap!

"Where. Were. You.?"

"I was at the park with a friend. Sir."

"And who exactly gave you permission to go to a park?"

"N-no-o o-on-e s-s-i-ir."

"But you still went anyways, am I correct?" Why is he so calm? Im used to him yelling but when he acts calm it's because im in deep.

"Ye-es sir" "I'm sorry it wont happen again"

"Sure as hell it wont!" There it is.
Slap! Slap! Punch! Slap!

He slaps me to slap me again and then punch me to do it all over again. From the corner of my eye I see my mom in a chair-- wait! She's tied! That bastard!

He hits me until i'm on the floor.

"Well I did tell you she would pay if you ever disobeyed me like this"

"No please!"

"Shut up! Now you're going to watch me hurt her" he says and I see the way his eyes twinkle when he says it. That sick smile he has on his face. Sick.

He walks over to her and slaps he so hard she almost falls off the chair, he slaps her again.

Suddenly he walks away I crawl to my mother. I seat on my legs and put my head on her lap "I'm so sorry Ma. This is all my fault. Please forgive me."

But she doesnt answer. She cant, that bastard taped her mouth so she couldn't scream.

He comes back with a- whip!
No no please no.

"Lets see how many times I can whip her before she passes out, yeah?"

"No. No! Please dont hurt her. Whip me! Whip me, not her. Please!" "I was the one to disrespect you not her. Whip me."

"Humm... yeah ok."

He walks around to where I am still with my head on my mom's lap. Im sorry I mouth to her.

She tries to get loose from the ropes but I know it useless. This is what he wants, to see us suffer. I see her tears running down her face and just when i'm about to wipe them- Slash!
Shit! That hurts!

"Count!"
Slash

"One"
Slash

"Two"

-------
Slash

"Thirty" I say just above a whisper..

"Ok that's it for today. Clean this up and untie her, I want this place spotless in an hour."

"Yessss s-irrr."

I try to get up, but instead I just crawl towards my mom. It takes everything in me not to scream in agony when I try to untie her. Once I do she takes off the tape that was on her mouth and comes over to me.

"Mandi I- she chokes a sob.

"Dont ma im- im fine."

"You're not fine you just got whipped!"

She leaves and get medicine, and things to wrap my back with. She finishes ripping the left overs of my shirt and starts to disinfect the cuts.

Shit! Mother- ahhhh!!! This hurts like a fucking bitch!

I say in my head but I dont dare saying it out loud for fear he'll come and hit me again.

Once she's done she wraps me up with something that feels like a cloth, I dont know. She goes and gets the cleaning supplies, she gave me some pain killers so I can move better now.

We start to clean the floor to get rid of my splattered blood. Just like he wanted everything is clean within an hour.

I go up to my room and almost have a heart attack!

"Alec? What the hell?!"

"Did he do this to you?"

I open my mouth to say something but close it quickly. I open it again "yes" is all I say looking down.

"How did you get in here?"

"The window."

"Why?"

"I wanted to make sure you were ok, I had this bad feeling and I guess I was right."