→period || pt. 1

Asahi didn't know much about "lady stuff" before he met you. He didn't even know what a period was, really.

After an awkward conversation with him, he knew what they were and how you needed to be comforted at the time. This was when you were a first year.

Now you're both experienced third years, and Asahi was basically a pro at period stuff.

One day when you came home, your stomach twisted in knots. You grasped your stomach, pinching it to try and ignore the pain. You went to the bathroom and checked your underwear: you started your period.

You never remembered it to be so painful. You slipped in a tampon and went to the living room, where Asahi was scrolling through his cell phone.

You clutched you're stomach again as another pain wretched your stomach.

"Ughh..." you groaned.

He glanced up from his phone, worried. "Are you alright?"

You groaned again. "Yeah, my periods just worse than usual."

His worried expression faded into a sympathetic one as he got up and carried you bridal style to the couch. He grabbed and blanket and threw it over top both of you.

He cradled you and held you close. Your face contorted in pain as another knot came about.

"eughhhhhhg..." you whisper groaned.

He kissed your forehead. "It's okay. I know these are painful, but you'll be alright."

His soothing words started to dull some of the pain.

You nestled yourself on his lap. You put your head against his neck. He blushed as he felt your hot breath on his soft neck.

He stroked your hair as he rocked you.

The pain was unbearable. Tears welled up in your eyes as you gripped his shirt tightly. He was surprised at this.

"Is it that bad?" he asked softly.

"yES!" you accidentally shouted.

The pain started to die away, but you knew it would come back. You kissed his cheek and got up and grabbed the ibuprofen above the refrigerator. You took a few pills and walked back over to Asahi.

He continued to rock you gently as you teared up in the crook of his neck.

"This... *sniff* this sucks, Asahi." you said, holding back tears of pain.

His expression turned softer. His eyes told you that he really felt bad for you.

"Periods are.. so stupid."

He grunted in reply. "They're not that stupid." he whispered.

"Well you're not the one in pain, Asahi! It's... so easy for you to say that..."

"I-I didn't mean it like that." He replied frantically, trying not to hurt you're feeling. "I just mean, you need them to get pregnant right?"

You nodded. "Unfortunately."

"So I guess it's not that dumb, I mean, how else will we have kids?!" he said with a laugh.

Your jaw dropped. He said it so boldly. You didn't want kids!! Not at this age, at least! You needed to graduate college and get a job first! What is he saying? Is he assuming I'll get pregnant now and become one of those bum drop out of 18 year olds?!?

Your mind reeled at what could happen it you got pregnant now. It could end everything you've worked so hard for. Maybe Asahi wanted to get you pregnant. And leave you stranded! I mean, all he has to do is impregnate me while I have to deal with the pregnancy, the pain of birth, the crying and whining...

This anxiety made your stomach hurt more. How could he say something so stupid like that?

You pushed him away in anger and walked you your room.

He seemed surprised at how quickly you got up. "Y-Y/N? What's wrong-" but you slammed the door, hushing his last words.

You curled up underneath the blankets of your shared bed. How much you wanted his warmth to envelope you, masking your pain. You wanted his big fingers through your hair and rubbing your back and saying how beautiful you were as you gazed at the plain ceiling.

You teared up again, but this time the tears fell. Your crying became louder, your tried to muffle it in the pillow, but it didn't work too well.

What if he left you, pregnant and alone?
You couldn't go to college... or get your dream job!
He's so stupid...
It's easy for the man to do, but the woman has to do all the work!

If he loves me, why would he say something so senseless?