→ class fight

hhhh definitely not a reference to Melanie Martinez heheheheheheh

/

Oh btw this takes place when you're both first years okey

/

You and Asahi had your morning classes together. You guys were really good friends and we're kind of dating? You were both really shy so it was mostly a mumbled, 'L-love you" or a quick peck on the cheek. You two mostly blushed when you saw each other and looked away, your mouth contorting into a lovesick smile.

It was lunch, and as everyday, you met Asahi in the hallway of his last class: history.

Asahi want new to being bullied. He was teased a lot for his hair and his love for volleyball and the fact that he was so tall yet so timid. He mostly ignored it, until one particular day.

You walked down the blank hallway, hearing your empty footsteps echo across the tile. The hallway came to a right turn, but for your turned, you heard yelling and flattened yourself against the wall, listening in.

"You little bitch! Play something better than friggin' volleyball!"

Another voice chimed in. "Stop acting like a weakling and stand up for yourself!"

"P-please..." you heard a weak voice reply.

You peeled around the corner. It was Asahi, who was up against a wall, shaking, and two other boys looking over him. They both wore large grins.

You were frozen. You couldn't move or say anything. You couldn't even get a hall monitor to help. And before you knew it, one of them punched Asahi in the side of the face.

He grunted and fell to the floor. From a distance, you could see the tears welling up in his kind eyes. He held his cheek. "Why are y-you doing this?" He said with a shaky breath.

"Hah! The little bitch is gunna cry!" He cackled an ugly laugh.

You saw a few tears hit the floor from Asahi's hurt and frustrated expression.

The other bully kicked him in the abdomen, causing Asahi to yell a little and fall completely on the floor. He lay in a ball clutching his side.

They both roared in laughter. And the bully overdid it.

He kicked him in the nose. "Gah!"

More of Asahi's tears spilled, and you saw blood trickle from his damaged nose. He clutched his face. The two bullies laughed again, fist bumped each other, and walked away.

Once they were gone, you heard Asahi's quiet sobs. He was laying, alone and frightened in a small pool of tears and blood.

You rushed over to him once the coast was clear and bent down to him. "Asahi! Asahi, are you okay? I'm so sorry, I saw everything and I froze I couldn't move i couldn't help you and I-" you gasped for breath at your long sentence.

His trembling frame caught your eye as you saw a faint smile. You caresses his uninjured cheek softly. "I'm here now."

He was so embarrassed. So scared. His girlfriend had to see this pitiful side of him. The side that cowered and the side trust didn't fight back. The side that cried when hit and when bleeding.

Heat rose to his cheeks as tears spilled out, ones of embarrassment, not of pain or fear.

You gently wiped them away. You unbuttoned you're school shirt, leaving you in just your bra. You saw him wanting to protest, but in simply too much pain to. He blushed as you helped him sit up.

His arms and clothes were soaked with trickled blood. You gently removed his hands from his face and gave him your shirt. He tilted back his head and he pressed the sweet-smelling cloth against his nose.

After a few moments, the bleeding slower, and eventually stopped. But when he removed the now bloody cloth, his nose was bruised as well as his cheek. You hesitantly lifted up his shirt to see his side. You saw faint purple where the blow was set.

You put his shirt down and went to the drinking fountain and wet the cloth. You wiped up as much blood as you could from his face.

"Y-Y/N..." he said quietly.

He was silent the whole time you were caring for him, so you listened carefully.

"Thank you." More tears spilled out silently. "I'm sorry you have to s-see me like t-this." He sniffed. "It's quite p-pitiful, isn't it?"

"No not at all, Asahi! Listen to me, you did nothing wrong!! Those bullies were pitiful, picking on you because they know you won't fight back and-"

"Because I'm weak. A coward."

"No, I was going to say honorable. And caring. You would knee hurt anyone, Asahi."

You stood up and grabbed his hand. "Let's go to the nurses office."

//

"So you tripped and fell?"

"Yes ma'am." Asahi replied.

You were furious that Asahi didn't want to turn them in. They deserved to be punished, but Asahi though maybe they would change. He didn't want to start any more trouble.

The nurse gave him a doubtful look as she bandages him up. She tossed you an old t-shirt. The office always had backups for incidents as such. "We'll get your uniform cleaned tomorrow."

You nodded and smiled as thanks.

"You were lucky, you just about broke it. Just damaged it a lil' but it'll be fine with plenty of bandages and medicine to keep the swelling down."

"Yes, thank you."

She wrote down a little schedule to take the medicine. She put a handful of pills into the bag and handed it to Asahi. The nurse then handed you both late excuses. "Thank you very much." Asahi said with a bow.

"Yeah, thank you." You said along with him.

She simple grinned and winked at you. "Have a nice day, sweeties."

Asahi walked with his head down. You could visibly see how upset he was. He just got beat up! He had every right to be upset.

He walked to the bathroom and washed the tips of his hair, because they were coated in a thin layer of blood. He came out, and didn't start walking, but stood right in front of you.

You looked up at him and met his eyes. His face was in a sad looking thoughtful expression. "Thank you, Y/N. So much. Thank you for helping me. I really appreciate it. I'm sorry I was so pathetic and didn't fight back and-"

You grabbed his hand. "Asahi, you weren't pathetic at all. You were very brave. It's my fault for not intervening. I should had at least gotten someone."

"I don't want you involved in my petty issues."

"Asahi,"

"End of story." He said with a surprising sternness and anger flash in his eyes. It intimidated you, so you didn't reply. After all, he was kinda big and scary, even for a first year.

His bruised face hurt your heart. Someone as kindhearted and caring as Asahi just kicked around like dirt. You felt tears brimming on your lashes and gave him a hug, making sure not to touch his bruise.

"Asahi, they're such bad people..." you said. "You didn't deserve that kind of treatment."

He didn't reply, but only patted and stroked your hair. You could feel him grinning.

"C'mon. We still have class." He said quietly, grasping your hand and leading you away from the bathrooms.

After a few moments of silence, you asked, "Azumane?"

He hummed in response, enjoyed being called by his last name.

"I think volleyball is super manly."