→ tall and scary || pt. 2

You opened the door as you turned the metallic key. You set your backpack on the counter, and you took Asahi's from his back and did the same.

"You can put your shoes wherever, it's fine." He took off his shoes and slipped off his jacket, revealing him in a white t-shirt and shorts. He didn't have practice today.

You sat cross legged on the couch, unsure of what to do next. 'Tea' you thought.

"You can sit down if you'd like. I'll make us some tea, any suggestions?"

"Black?"

"Sure."

He sat awkwardly on your couch. You made two cups of tea and delivered it to him. When you say down, you saw the gleam of dried tears on your cheeks, and it hurt your heart to look at such a sad sight.

"So, have the rumors been going around for like, a long time?" You asked quietly.

He simply nodded. "Yeah. I've always been tall but now that I've got this small beard it all of a sudden makes me some sort of monster."

"I'm really sorry." You said, guilt jabbing at every point in your body.

He didn't reply right away. He was staring at his tea, wearing a blank expression. You saw fondness flash in his eyes. As you both finished up your tea, you took them to the sink. You tried to think of things that made you feel better. You sat back on the couch and crossed your legs. "Hey, I know!" You muttered to yourself.

You took a blanket and threw it over the both of you. You heard Asahi hum in confusion as you smiled at him under covers.

"Whenever I'm feeling down, I like to hide myself away from the world." You whispered, grabbing his hand.

He blushed a little and grinned back. He turned towards you and your faces were mere inches apart.

You both looked into each others eyes, mesmerized by the colors in them. "Say anything you want, Asahi. Were hidden away. No one will know." You whispered, drawing little circles on his palm.

A silly smile creeped up to his lips and he blushed deeply. Like, really red.

"I like you, Y-N."

Your eyes widened and you teetered back. You put a hand over your mouth. His expression shifted to a worried one. "I-I'm sorry! It was too sudden, crap..."

He rubbed the back of his neck and took off the blanket. "I'll... I'll leave."

As he got up to walk away, you grasped his shirt. "Don't go." You said.

He looked at you with an uneasy expression and eventually sat down next to you. "I really do, Y/N." He said, looking away to hide his insane blushing.

Your cheeks dusted a deep pink as you spoke out your next words. "Me too. I really like you too, Asahi." You covered your entire face in your delicate hands.

You did it. You both did it. You both liked each other. Really liked each other. Maybe you could start going out? Maybe..

You scooted a little closer to him, feeling the warmth glow from his body. His big gentle hand traced your wrist before shakily grabbing your small hand. He intertwined his fingers with yours. "Is t-this alright?" He said, showing you.

"Yeah."

You flipped on a show to dull the awkward silence. Over the course of about ten minutes, you two had scooted closer and closer together until your side was touching his. You rested your head on his upper forearm. After a few minutes he put his head on yours, and you both peacefully sat together, fingers intertwined, bodies sharing warmth, and you both had two dire things in common:

Shyness and love.