Chapter 11

Makoto's POV

"GUILTY!" The judge yelled. I FROZE. We won? WE WON?! Before I could rejoice I heard the Judge speak again. "The Naegi's will be able to buy there way out of jail with high priced bail"
What...
They can...buy there way out of jail. I looked up at Kyoko. She looked concerned as well. The judge continued to speak.

"Mr and Mrs. Naegi are sentenced to 50 years in prison!"

Time Skip a week.

I recently moved in the same place as Komaru. With my aunt. It was quite clear that I was unwanted but they tried there best to be nice. I haven't seen Byakuya since the trial. At least I know I will see him in school. I looked around my new room. It was kind of bland with nothing really standing out, at least it was better that my old one. I sighed. What's going to happen now? At least there gone...
Just then I heard a knock on my door. "Come in!" I shouted. I heard the door open and someone walked in. "How are you feeling Makoto?" It was Komaru. "I'm ok, just stressed that they can bail themselves out of prison." I looked up at Komaru. She gave me a knowing look. "I am too... but I know things will get better!" She smiled and wrapped her arms around me. I looked down at the ground. There's still a chance though... I knew I shouldn't be thinking such negative thoughts, but I can't help but think of what would happen if they do escape, or bail there way out of jail.
They would probably come and find me. Komaru seemed to know what I was thinking and shook her head. "They won't Makoto." I looked back up at her. "Are you sure?"
"Yeah, I'm sure"

The next day.

I woke up to my alarm ringing. Oh yeah, I go back to school today. I got up and got ready.
"Good morning Makoto!" Komaru called out. I smiled at her and went to grab a piece of toast. "Did you sleep well?" She asked. I nodded. "I'd definitely slept better than when I slept over there."
Komaru giggled. "We better head off soon or we'll be late." She said while grabbing her bag. I smirked. "You just want to see Toko don't you?" She froze in place. "W-what?!" Komaru looked away. Trying to hide her face.
"Let's just go." I said while grabbing her hand. She nodded and went to follow me.
Just before we were about to open the door we heard a knock.
Komaru ran in front of me and opened it. "Huh? Toko?"
"K-komaru! I j-just w-wanted to walk with y-you to s-school." Toko said with her usual nervousness. Komaru looked over at me. I nodded to her gesturing that she could leave without me. She smiled and mouthed a quick thank you.
I looked at them.

I wish I was in a relationship like that...