Chapter 16

Byakuya's POV

"I'm sorry?" I asked. They couldn't of found out about our relationship...there's no way.
Mondo stepped up in front of Leon. "Yo it's fine if your gay, I mean like, I have a relationship with the hall monitor." Mondo said, grinning. Leon lightly punched him the shoulder and told him to shut up.

"Those are just rumors." I said sternly. "It's not true."
Mondo and Leon looked unconvinced. "If you say so." They both replied. They turned around and walked off. How did the school find out? This isn't good for my reputation...what if it gets out to my father? My head was spinning.
I walked over to my desk and sat down. I had barely noticed Makoto sitting down next to me. I was deep in thought.
"Hi Byakuya," Makoto said, trying to get my attention.
I snapped out of my thoughts and looked at him. "Hello Makoto..." I responded, trying to not think about the rumors. Makoto sensed something was up with me and asked him if i was ok. I simply nodded.

The class started as usual. I noticed a few people staring at me.
Who the in the hell spread this rumor. Was it...no it couldn't of been Makoto. We swore to keep this a secret. I knew he told Kyoko, but I know she wasn't the one to say anything.

There was only one person I could think of...

Sayaka.

Makoto's POV

I noticed during class Byakuya seemed on edge. He seemed to be thinking of something strange. I'll have to ask him about it later.
The class ended and I gathered my stuff and headed to my locker.
I noticed someone following me. They tapped me on the shoulder and I turned around.
"Hey! Makoto!" The voice said.
"Oh Hi Aoi!"
Sure enough Aoi stood there grinning at him. "So...there's been the rumor going around and I wonder if you knew anything about it...since you know...your close to him." Aoi said while playing with the zipper of her jacket. Rumor?
"Aoi... I haven't heard of any rumors..." I responded. Aoi's head perked up in suprise.
"You haven't?!" She exclaimed. "No...but, could you tell me about it?"
I was kind of desperate for answers now. What was Aoi talking about...

"So there's kind of this rumor that Byakuya is gay..." Aoi stated.
I coughed. "What?!" Even though I already knew he was...how did other people find out?! This is probably why he was on edge today...he heard about the rumors.

I know about Byakuya's father, and how he didn't really accept the Lgbt community, so if this gets out to him...he will loose his role as heir for his family's company.
" so did you know Makoto?" Aoi asked.
I shook my head. "I think those are just rumors..." I said. Aoi looked at the ground and sighed. "I guess your right...there's no way someone like him could be gay..."
No that's wrong!

"Yeah..."
We stayed silent for a bit until Aoi spoke up again. "I'm going to go to my next class now...I don't want to keep Sakura waiting!" She said with the usual smile on her face. I nodded and waved her off.

I still couldn't believe it. Who could of found out?
I gathered up the rest of my stuff and walked to my next class.

I'll have to talk to Byakuya later.