Chapter 26

No POV

It's been officially a week since Sayaka's suicide.
The fact that Makoto's childhood friend was gone still hasn't struck him.

So now he's suffering from it.

He hasn't left his room since he got home from the hospital, and he hasn't responded to any calls or messages.
Not even Komaru can get to him.

Makoto was trying to accept Sayaka's death, but he couldn't.

Yet, he hasn't even let a let a tear fall.

Byakuya's POV

He hasn't spoken to me or anyone.
I know Sayaka's death must of broken him completely...I didn't think it would be this bad, and I don't believe this heart broken syndrome thing.
How does he not know I can't live without him?

I then got an idea. If Komaru lives with him, she can surely find a way to get him out of there.

Since I didn't have Komaru's number I would have to resort to other solutions...

Meaning Toko.

I really don't have an option here do I?

I forgot why I even have Toko's number...

I got out my phone and I called her.
I wasn't surprised when she picked up right away.

"M-Master?!" She said, with a shaky tone. "Why are y-you calling m-me?"
I sighed and responded. "I need Komarus number."
"O-oh" she said sounding disappointed.
"I'll text y-you it." She responded, quickly ending the call.
5 seconds later I got her message, along with a request to join whatever I was doing. I don't really care if she comes or not so I said yes.

Then I dialed Komaru. "Who's this?" Komaru said.
"It's Byakuya."
"How did you get my number?"
"Toko."
"Oh."
"Anyway what do you need?"
"You live with Makoto, correct?"
"Yeah..."
"And he's hasn't left the house in a week"
"Yeah..."
"Could you help me, help him."
"Yes of course! Please come right away!"
"Also Toko is coming along..."
"Ok!"

She then hung up. I should of expected that It wouldn't take much convincing for her to agree with me.

I immediately left the house and ran to Makoto's. I got there in about 10 minutes.

To my surprise Toko was already there at the doorstep nervously biting her thumb.
"M-Master Byakuya!" She exclaimed, jumping back a bit. "Hello" I said, walking straight past her.
I knocked on the door and Komaru opened it. "You guys arrived!" She said dragging us in. She led us upstairs to Makoto's room.
"He's been their the whole week...not coming out once." She said, sadly.
Is...he ok?
Without thinking I went over to the door and knocked on it. As expected there was no response. "Makoto?" I said. Hoping that he'd hear me.

Of course he still didn't respond.

"Don't bother Byakuya...I've tried multiple times."
Komaru started to cry a bit.
Toko went over to her hugged her. "I-it's ok he'll get out of there eventually."

"Or else he'll...h-he'll"
"Die..."

I completely forgot about the possibility Makoto could be dead in there."

I felt a wave of guilt and sadness wash over me. I walked over to the door and knocked harder. "Makoto please answer me!" I shouted, desperate at this point.

Still no answer.

It's hopeless.

I slowly fell on my knees to the ground.

What if I never get to speak to him again.
What if he hates me.

What if he's...

Dead.....