Chapter 22

Makoto's POV

I was the first one to arrive today. I sat down at my desk and waited. I swear to Atua Sayaka better apologize once she gets here.

Right After I said that Sayaka rushed in.
"H-Hello Makoto!" She said with a smile, as she took a seat next to me. "Hi Sayaka." I said with a monotone voice. Her smile faltered a bit and she looked down at her lap. "I think I'm ready to apologize." She said. I nodded. "Good."

We sat there in silence as we waited for the others to pile in.

Byakuya walked in without saying a word and took his usual seat. He noticed Sayaka sitting next to me.

"Makoto, why is she next to you." He whispered. "She's going to apologize." I whispered back.
Byakuya glanced back at her and shook his head. "She won't, even if she did, she probably won't mean it.

I frowned at Byakuya. "We don't know that."

Time skip brought to you buy me writing this at 2 am

The end of the day slowly approached.
Once class was dismissed, I glanced over at Sayaka. She looked nervous and kept looking over at the door. Is she going to try and escape? If she did, I wouldn't let her.
I tapped her on the shoulder and she flinched. She turned around and gave a weak smile. "I-is it time?" She asked twirling a strand of her hair around with her finger. I nodded.

She got up and slowly went to the front of the room. Kind of the same way she did when she exposed Byakuya.

She cleared her throat and looked around the classroom. She sighed and attempted to get the classes attention.
"Everyone please listen up." She started. She took a deep breath and continued.
"What happened yesterday was all f-fake. The rumors were spread by me to sabotage Byakuya's career. I did it because of my own selfish desires."

Small tear drops fell down Sayaka's face

"I'm really sorry."

She then started to cry, and she ran out of the classroom. Mukuro running after her.

I looked over at Byakuya. He looked to be shocked and in question.

I heard small whispers going around the class.

"Was it all a lie?"

"I wonder why she did that..."

"That's horrible!"

I looked back at Byakuya, but he wasn't there. H-how did he leave so quickly?

I looked around the classroom one more time before gathering up my stuff to leave.

I existed the school and quickly ran home.

I'll have to think about forgiving Sayaka now.