Chapter 1: Pain Pain Go Away

It was August of the year 2017 and the world was about to change, again.

(F/N): "Oh Britannia how I love thee for thou strength and beauty. For is there no greater being than the flag thou is waving? Oh Britannia does thou loveth me? For I serve knowing there is no greater-"

Milly: "Boring! Also, I'm pretty sure you misused 'thee' and 'thou'."

Student Council President Milly Ashford, daughter of the Ashford family of which Ashford Academy gets its name. Not a bad person by any means, however, I'd prefer she didn't force Lelouch's, the Vice President, work on me. Currently, the Student Council is gathered in the club room to spitball ideas for the annual school festival and review submissions for stalls. Seated at the table, or in Milly's case, on it, was Rivalz, Nina, and Shirley. Kallen would be here too, but she is often sick at home. As for the poem that I was reading, it doesn't have anything to do with the current meeting, it is part of a plan to get out of work today so I can tackle the small mountain of homework that has begun to form. It's trading one evil for another, but my grades are more important right now.

(F/N): "Not everyone is a poet, don't you know it?" I said with a cocky smile.

Milly: "I know you're only reading your poems out loud to be annoying. It's not going to work." I slowly turned my eyes away from her. "How about this? You find out where Lelouch has been disappearing to and I'll give you a kiss on the cheek." Rivalz shot out of his chair, shocked as he spoke the following words.

Rivalz: "Madam President, you can't be serious!" I leaned back into my chair. "Lelouch has only missed a couple of days."

Milly: "I'm simply curious about what Lelouch is up to. I bet someone else is too." She looked at Shirley.

Shirley: "No, I'm not!" She protested with a red face of embarrassment. "He's probably off gambling again, why would I care?"

(F/N): "Anyway, you can calm down Rivalz." My eyes went back to Milly. "A kiss from a witch is something I don't need. Getting back to my studies? Definitely."

Nina: "Are you struggling that badly?" She asked in her timid voice, to which I responded with a sigh and partly defeated voice.

(F/N): "When you move around a lot the quality of education isn't consistent. I hate to admit it, but I barely got in."

I put my homework on hold and we continued on. When I first arrived I didn't get comfortable and so I didn't make any friends or join any of the clubs. I honestly didn't expect we would be staying in Area Eleven for long, but as time went on I realized I had become kind of a loner and we weren't moving anytime soon. Strangely, there was a day I couldn't really remember. It was the same day I started to feel stings in my chest and was when Lelouch found me on the roof overlooking the courtyard. He looked rather serious, sizing me up by the guess of it. But then it softened and he invited me to join the Student Council. I had been avoiding clubs, which is mandatory for all students to join, on the grounds that I'd probably be moving. But since that because less and less of the case, I gave in. They were really welcoming, and I enjoyed it until Lelouch's work got pushed onto me.

I've wanted to talk to him about that day at some point and with the work I've been getting recently steadily increasing, now was a good time before it became too much. Thankfully, even though the academy is an extremely large place, I won't have to travel far to look find Lelouch and talk with him. Assuming he is back on campus. As I understand it, Lelouch and his sister Nunnally have permission to live in the Student Council building here on campus due to his sister being confined to a wheelchair and unable to see. Despite whatever caused her circumstances and only meeting her a few times, I couldn't help but believe she was the most kind-hearted person I had met.