Chapter 18: The Forgotten Name

Panic, that was the word that described the muffled voices I could barely hear before the ringing took over. My vision faded in and out, every time a new colored haze would appear until it was only a white light that hovered over me. I started to feel very tired, but I didn't go to sleep, I was awake as the light shimmered and gleamed. The haze changed one last time, the light was softer, no longer above me. Beside me, I heard something, a voice, I think it might have been calling me, but it eventually left. Dragged away by another voice. The haze eventually lifted, a woman in white that I didn't recognize was holding something beside me.

Woman: "It's good to see you're awake."

(F/N): "Where am I?" My speech felt off, it was different than how she spoke.

Woman: "You're at the hospital, just relax for the time being. Your friend said she would bring you some change of clothes."

(F/N): "Friend? Who-" I held my head as a headache formed, I could feel the surgical bandage wrapped around it. "I had to do something."

Woman: "Whatever it was, I wouldn't suggest pushing yourself. For now, can you tell me your name?"

(F/N): "Name... there are a lot of those, I don't know which one was mine. So many names. Something important."

Woman: "Maybe we should save that for later when your friend comes back. Rest for the time being."

(F/N): "It was important... something important."

I mumbled to myself in confusion, unsure what it was that was so important. The woman left, I don't know how long she was gone. But a new one came into the room later, following behind her was a guy. Her hair was long and pink, while his was short and light brown. Looking at them, their faces appeared different than the woman's, a feeling told me they were people I knew, but their names escaped me. Theirs, like my own, drifted in a sea of loss thoughts and broken tracks.

Girl: "(F/N), I'm so glad you're alright."

Guy: "We came as soon as we heard about it."

(F/N): "We... know each other, right?"

Suzaku: "It's Suzaku, that's my name. And this is Princess Euphemia, you usually call her-"

(F/N): "Euphy."

Euphy: "That's right."

(F/N): "Everything is so mixed up. There was something I had to do... it was important, do you know?"

Euphy: "No, I'm sorry. I don't know what it was you were doing."

Suzaku: "But you can rely on us to help you now." The more I looked at him, other names came up.

(F/N): "Lancelot."

Suzaku: "That name, how did you-" I looked at Euphy.

(F/N): "Cornelia." I held my head. "No, those aren't the names... the more important ones. There are too many"

Euphy: "Maybe if we helped you figure out the names, you'll start to remember."

(F/N): "Maybe... but, who's Zero?" There faces changed. "That name keeps coming up with both of you."

Suzaku: "Zero... is a terrorist and a murderer that's been running a group called the Black Knights." I looked at him and shook my head slowly.

(F/N): "That doesn't sound right."

Euphy: "What do you mean? Do... you know him?"

Suzaku: "Euphy-" Euphy held her hand up.

(F/N): "I don't know, but I feel like that's wrong." I placed my hand over my chest. "Something in here tells me that."