Chapter 20: Where Everything Came To Light

After retrieving a submarine sent to us from the Military District of India, I gathered the core members of the Black Knights to go over the restructuring of the organization. Starting with Tohdoh, as I had said to him before, his position put him in charge of our military affairs, which everyone was receptive to. However, they were not when it came to putting Diethard in charge of intelligence, espionage, and public relations. Chiba, the female member of the Four Holy Swords, spoke up and asked my reasoning for placing a Britannian in such a sensitive position.

Zero: "I do not care that he's a Britannian, only that he can produce results and that you all work to further our goal. It was the same reasoning for Tohdoh's position, if he had left I would have picked the next best suited for it. Is that understood?"

Tamaki: "Alright alright already."

Zero: "Kaname Ohgi shall be Deputy Director. As for the head of Research and Development, that position goes to Rakshata Chawla. Captain of the Zero Squad, Kallen Kozuki."

Kallen: "The Zero Squad?"

Zero: "An elite guard under my personal command. As for the first, second, and third divisions, Asahina, Senba, and Kagesaki will be in charge respectively. In charge of the First Special Forces will be Sugiyama. With Tamaki in charge of the Second Special Forces."

Diethard: "Zero, may I add something? There's still one issue that needs to be dealt with."

Zero: "I already know what you're going to say, we'll speak about it later. For now, that is all, you may all go." Walking up to me from the back, C.C. and D.D. joined me.

Ohgi: "So what are their positions?" His question caught the attention of the others.

Zero: "D.D. is Chief of Financial Affairs, as she has helped keep our finances in order so far. However, both are members of the Zero Squad."

Kallen: "Wait, are you saying that they're both Knightmare pilots?" She said, stunned that the idea.

Zero: "If not, it will be a perfect test of your ability to lead and train people."

D.D.: "I look forward to working with you." She bowed in Kallen's direction.

C.C.: "It's rather annoying, but there's no helping it."

With that matter dealt with, the others left while the three of us spoke of the day soon to come. I reassured them that everything would be fine, however, D.D. was more concerned ever since I kept what I said with Taizo a secret. And ever since I recovered, C.C. has become more concerned as well. Telling them that was the reason I put them in the Zero Squad was so that they could protect me appeared to settle them for now. Later, back at the mobile hideout on land with the heads of each department, Diethard recommended that Suzaku be assassinated.

Tohdoh: "I reject. The Japanese would be revolted by such a cowardly act."

Ohgi: "Yeah, and the Black Knights are not in the business of killing the defenseless either. What do you want us to do? Get him when he's alone and kill him straight out?"

Diethard: "Calm down, I'm merely suggesting we minimize a risk in the most efficient way possible. The Britannians will prop him up to try and gain the support of Elevens."

Rakshata: "You've been awfully quiet Zero. Surely you have an opinion on this."

Zero: "No."

Diethard: "What?"

Zero: "If it was learned that the Black Knights assassinated an Eleven simply because he fought for the Britannians, we would lose more support than if we did nothing. Besides, I believe Rakshata already has something we can use." I stand up to leave.