Chapter 13: Three Kings Gambit

I felt someone slowly and gently rubbing my head as I woke up the next morning. Opening to see it was D.D., my eyes noticed the soft smile she had as my head was rested on her lap. When and how she lifted my head off the couch I didn't know, but I enjoyed the moment while I could. It was still early, looking at my phone the first alarm hadn't gone off yet. Putting it down and looking at her, I lazily asked what she was doing.

D.D.: "It looked like you were having trouble sleeping, so I stayed with you until you settled down."

(F/N): "You were like this the whole night?"

D.D.: "No, I had a hard time sleeping as well. I imagine it's the same reason for you."

(F/N): "I'll be fine. And that's what I'll be telling myself later when I'm nervous."

D.D.: "Not if, but when? I suppose there's a virtue in knowing yourself that well."

(F/N): "I will be, quite literally, fighting an army by myself. In a Sutherland. If it was the Lancelot, the Guren, or my Lionel, I know I wouldn't be nervous."

D.D.: "But instead you have a numerical disadvantage to deal with." She sighed. "I won't lie, I really don't want you to do this. Regardless of knowing what will happen, it's dangerous."

(F/N): "Well, I guess you'll have to make sure you and C.C. do your jobs quickly and well. Are the other suits ready?"

D.D.: "They are."

The Saitama Ghetto is occupied by the Yamato Alliance and will be encircled today by Cornelia's forces. Lelouch originally relied on the use of the resistance group there, who are undisciplined, and to make things worse, he relied too much on the same moves he used before in Shinjuku. But we planned to do things differently. The first move was to remove the civilians from the board before Cornelia's pawns completely encircle it and moved in. It wasn't going to be easy getting them to leave.

C.C. disguised herself as a civilian and would claim she was a member of Kozuki's resistance group, and that the current leader Ohgi sent her to warn them of Cornelia's forces. It worked, once they saw the military moving toward the ghetto. The people who were smart enough, listened and followed C.C.'s directions. Which was a good amount of people, who started making their way out through sewers. Meanwhile, Cornelia needed to be distracted long enough before she gave the order to move in and eradicate the people. She wants to know who was responsible for Shinjuku and her brother's disappearance? I'll tell her.

Zero: "Princess Cornelia." I called on a video broadcast to the command center which she answered. "I am Zero and I will not allow you to commit the same massacre your brother did."

Cornelia: "You have a lot of nerve mentioning my brother. I take it you want the credit for his disappearance?"

Zero: "Partly, I know exactly why your brother abandoned his people and is now on the run."

Cornelia: "Then I would suggest surrendering, but I take it you won't accept that option."

Zero: "That is correct!"

Soldier: "Your Highness, approaching the mobile command center, it's-"

Cornelia: "Is this some kind of joke?" Her angered tone was from the sight of Prince Clovis' personal transport driving towards them, with Zero standing on the roof. "You will not get away with this, surround him!"

Zero: "I wouldn't move." The back portion of the transport broke open, revealing the container of poison gas. "So much as one move and I will unleash the poison gas stored in this device."

Cornelia: "Buying time for your terrorist allies? It won't matter, even if you manage to somehow get out of this, you and your friends will be captured."