Chapter 3: A Promise For The Future

Starting with the morning after I remembered everything. After I woke up and got ready for school, I waited in the courtyard for him to arrive until nearly every other student had gone to class. The first stage towards my goal involved Suzaku and getting him to let me help not only with his studies but with his military work. That is why I planned to bring it up with him and bother about it if I need to. He was one of the last to arrive and asked why I was standing around when classes were starting soon. He was pleasantly surprised when I told him that I was waiting for him to get here.

(F/N): "Did something come up this morning?"

Suzaku: "Nothing, I was cramming last night and didn't realize what time it was." He explained as we went to class.

(F/N): "You should really be more careful about that, it'll make your grades and work suffer if you don't get enough sleep."

Suzaku: "I know, that's exactly what Miss Cecile told me yesterday. But I still have a few subjects I'm struggling with."

(F/N): "Now that you mention her, how are they doing? Did they get the Lancelot fixed yet?"

Suzaku: "They're doing well and the Lancelot is fine, the damage to it wasn't that bad."

(F/N): "That's good to hear... say, hypothetically speaking, do you think they'd give you more free time if someone joined and helped out?"

Suzaku: "Joined the ASEEC? I don't know, its an irregular unit, so I'd have to ask Lloyd."

(F/N): "Alright, that's what I'll do after school."

Suzaku: "Wait." He began his protest. "You said it was a hypothetical, you didn't say you wanted to join."

(F/N): "You're right, but if that's what it takes to help then I'll do it."

Suzaku: "You are talking about joining the military, not a school club. Even if Lloyd okayed it, you would still need training otherwise you wouldn't be fit to serve."

(F/N): "Are you saying I'm fat?"

Suzaku: "No, I just don't think-"

(F/N): "Suzaku, I'm joking." He appeared to calm down. "Not about joining though, I am going to talk with Lloyd after school."

Suzaku: "How are you going to arrange that? It's not like you can simply walk into the base, find him, and ask to join." I brought out my phone and waved it.

(F/N): "As it just so happens, I can do exactly that. My father knows Earl Lloyd." Suzaku looked at me dumbfounded.

Suzaku: "Lloyd is an Earl? He never mentioned it."

(F/N): "Does he come off as the type to care about that sort of thing?"

Suzaku: "No, not really." He calmed down again, with that I have successfully changed the subject. "I still don't think you should join." Nevermind, I failed to change it. "And you don't owe me that much for before."

(F/N): "Hmm, but if it wasn't about owing you? What then?" That caught his attention. "There are people that worry about you, and I want to make sure you're safe for their sake." I playing punched his shoulder.

Suzaku: "I appreciate the thought, but you don't have to actually go to such lengths."

(F/N): "Suzaku, on that I disagree to the fullest extent."

Those last words were spoken with a tone full of regret and seriousness. Having arrived in the classroom, I didn't say another word on the matter and neither did Suzaku. While nothing of interest happened in class, I did notice Lelouch sitting extremely still with his hand holding his head up, facing the window that he sat next to. It was clear that he was asleep, likely tired from his work as Zero. Both of them should be taking better care of themselves. While I plan to help Suzaku, I also plan to help Lelouch, who should be more willing to let me.