Chapter 28: Geass Dreams of Damocles

I had a dream after that day and dreams after the days that followed. They weren't pleasant ones. I was running through the Damocles in order to find the control console. Knowing where it was from previous experience, I made it there. Choices presented themselves in front of me, none that I liked. As I was engulfed in the explosion from the F.L.A.I.J.A. warheads all going off, I usually woke with beads of cold sweat. That wasn't the first time I saw my death, but it was the first time I dreamt of it.

As for the war, it went as predicted. With Emperor Charles dead, Schneizel made his move, and the Knight of One, Bismarck gave him his support. His first action was to give a speech on the tragic death of his father, followed by his declaration that he would be the next emperor and ensure peace between the countries of the world and Britannia. In a twisted sense of logic, he wasn't lying. What made it all the more telling though was the fact that none of his siblings seemed to speak up against his ascension to the throne, a fact Cornelia pointed out and was weary of.

It had been peaceful in Japan for the past week. I've mostly kept myself busy working, whether it be on the Knightmares, the Eliminators, or more political affairs that required the leader of the Black Knights. Truth be told to no one but myself, the others and I haven't spent much time together, we do enjoy working together but for almost all of them, that's it. Kaguya, on the other hand, has been much more intimate ever since I apologized, to the point where the previous night we shared the same bed. At said, that dream didn't let up.

By all accounts, I should be extremely happy and consider myself the luckiest man on Earth. But I'm not, and the reason is the Damocles. Try as I might to hide it, the others did pick up on my gloominess when I thought about it. And in response, they always attempted to cheer me up, either by distracting me or comforting me. Truly, I'm fortunate to surrounded by people who care. I only wish I could do more for them.

Kaguya: "On to the next matter, Cornelia, there was a matter you wished to discuss?" She asked as we were almost finished with our meeting in the conference room aboard the Ikaruga.

Cornelia: "Yes, I believe Schneizel has killed our siblings."

(F/N): "Wasn't that the assumption we had during his speech?"

Guilford: "There was always the possibility that he would have them imprisoned."

Cornelia: "However, he isn't a fool. He knows that everyone I care about is here, not in the homeland. Villetta, if you would." Villetta stood up and passed around documents.

Villetta: "After his ascension to the throne a team was sent to the homeland before they could tighten security and the borders. No members of the royal family have left Pendragon Palace after his speech, not even Schneizel himself."

(F/N): "Damocles." I whispered to myself, Kaguya, who was next to me, was quick to speak up.

Kaguya: "Perhaps he simply has them under house arrest. It would be a political nightmare if he truly killed them."

C.C.: "He could have simply used a Thought Elevator to move them."

D.D.: "Or he has a Geass of his own, in which case-"

(F/N): "C.C. is half right. If I had to guess, he killed his siblings before his ascension, used the Thought Elevator to move, and is currently waiting for the Damocles to be finished. He'll make his next move in the week to come."

Cornelia: "Your Geass told you this?"

(F/N): "The timeline has shifted a lot, but certain events have stayed partly consistent. I can't give a more accurate prediction than the Damocles will be finished sooner rather than later."