Chapter 21: Callin' Promise Keeper

There is a list of things that annoy me to no end, Kyushu, thankfully, isn't one of them at the moment. Atsushi Sawasaki, a former member of Genbu's Cabinet, is not a military leader nor is anyone with him capable of beating the Britannian might of Cornelia's forces. They simply had a stroke of luck that a tempest prevented their certain demise sooner. The core members of the Black Knight's were gathered, watching the news. Diethard mentioned that Kyoto was in the dark about this and asked if this was why I had Rakshata begin work on the new Knightmare.

Zero: "Exiled governments don't stay gone for long, they either die or come back with masters. I heard there was movement in the Federation but wasn't sure of the scale."

Kallen: "Zero, it's our move, what are we going to do?"

Zero: "I'm going to make a call, tell Rakshata to finish work on the Gawain and have it prepared, and a spare energy filler for it." I walked up to my room and brought out my phone.

D.D.: "Who are you going to call?" She asked from the couch, reading a book.

Zero: "I'm not sure." I leaned my back against the door.

D.D.: "You know, C.C. told me what you said and that you two kissed."

Zero: "Is that so..." I continued to stare at my phone, unsure about my call.

D.D.: "What's wrong?"

Zero: "The person is Cornelia." D.D. placed the book down and came over, taking the hand that held the phone.

D.D.: "It's still too soon for that, regardless if you changed plans or not."

Zero: "I haven't kept you in the loop as much as I should have."

D.D.: "No, you haven't. But that's not the problem." She reached for the mask, taking it off to see my eyes. "What's this about you refusing to come back alive?"

(F/N): "You and she really have been talking."

D.D.: "I want the truth, in all of those futures you saw, was there something you didn't tell me?"

(F/N): "Yes, there was. I didn't tell you because I didn't want you to worry."

C.C.: "Are you two going to kiss now?" D.D. looked back to her, as she was lying on the other part of the couch. "Did I ruin the moment?"

D.D.: "We were in the middle of something serious."

C.C.: "You said it yourself that the original plan won't work anymore, so why worry about something that you don't will happen?"

(F/N): "She has a point." D.D. turned back around, I took the mask from her. "Besides, right now we should focus on the task at hand, not the future long from now." I placed the mask back on.

Zero: "C.C., you'll be piloting the Gawain with me, D.D., you'll be in charge with Ohgi and Tohdoh while I'm away."

D.D.: "Right."

While it was unexpected to be this soon, it was good to hear that the two immortals were getting along enough to willingly gossip about things that happened. As for myself, I gave the order for the Black Knights to board the submarine and to have it depart for Kyushu. On the way, I would be addressing our stance on Sawasaki's so-called liberation of Japan. The core members and some people from each division gathered. Standing upfront with me was Ohgi, Tohdoh, Diethard, and Kallen who was by my side.

Zero: "We will not be working with Sawasaki and the Chinese Federation."

Sugiyama: "But he says he's fighting for Japan."