Chapter 24 - Family Matters

A/n my entire tiktok fyp is just criminal minds/mgg & im not mad abt it also thank u sm for the support on this story! I can't believe it has over 7k reads and 100 votes :))

Aria's POV

The gun to my head doesn't make me uncomfortable, because I know Lana's holding it. She'd never outright kill me, I could always deescalate her by reminding her that at the end of the day she's a good person and good people don't kill their siblings. I don't believe that, but growing up the way we did, I was her only source of approval, and she still relies on that to a certain extent despite how tough she is now.

"What? No greeting? I visited you in the hospital. I'm taking you away so we can be together, like we always should be."

"Lana," I begin slowly, "The three girls in this car have families. If you don't like being away from me, imagine how these girls and their families feel,"

Lana looks down, staring at the dash, "I only did this bad thing to get you! I knew the FBI would do this. You know I only hurt men, because they hurt women."

"Well now you have me so let them go and we can leave together." 

She shakes her head. "No. They'll take you away from me and take me to jail. We can leave them somewhere along the dessert and call a police station to get them back." I hate how human and almost childish she is around me, it makes it impossible to stay mad at someone begging for your forgiveness, especially when you know why they are the way that they are. I was only able to get away from her during one of her 'episodes', which is when she goes complete murderer and is beyond reason and treats me as badly as she treats everyone else. "Don't you want to go with me?"

"Lana, I—there's more to my life than being an assistant for you even though I love you." 

"Aria, I can't see you, and I know you can't talk to me, but please stall, some agents are on their way. I know it's unlikely, but see if you can try to get her to exit the vehicle," Garcia tells me through my ear piece. 

I might be able to do that. "Is it because you're in love with the boy from the hospital?"

Spencer isn't my favorite person right now, but if I give any indication of that, she'll kill him. "It's hard to know if you're in love."

"He doesn't love you." Her words are cold, and sharp, and they wouldn't bother me if it wasn't for the fight we had earlier. "He didn't come save you! If he loved you, he'd be here! I love you! And I'm here!" She presses the gun into my head harder, and I know she's losing control. "If you were less of a stupid, ungrateful bitch you'd  be able to see that the only person in this world that could love you is me."

She's pushing right into the spot in my head where the stitches are healing, black dots start clouding my vision. "It's easy to be scary with a gun to my head." Time to assert my lack of approval, "You're a coward that's hurting her own sister."

Lana pulls the gun away like I just slapped her in the face. "Not true! I could intimidate you without you."