~Chapter 5~ Make her feel like a part of our family

[Hailie's P.O.V.]

Today is Whitney's birthday so we all have to make an effort and at least fake being joyful.

We can't ruin Whitney's day. Daddy and I had a long talk last night and he told me he would talk to Grace. I think I should get to know her way better cause you can't judge people on their appearance. After all, she's probably a very good person... But I'm scared about so many things like, what if she's with daddy only for his money or for his fame? What if she wanna destroy our family? What if she breaks daddy's heart..? I don't want anyone to hurt my dad and believe me, I'll make sure she knows that very well.

I'm getting ready for Whitney's party. She invited many of her friends but also Grace cause daddy said he wanted us to try to make her feel like a part of our family. I walked downstairs and helped Nathan to inflate the balloons when the doorbell rang. Alaina went to the door and opened it and guess who was on the doorstep? Grace. I took in a deep breathe and walked to her then we kissed each other's cheeks. I went back to what I was doing without a word. I swear I tried to talk but I just couldn't . I felt someone touch my shoulder gently. I turned aroud and saw Grace so I folded my arms as I watched Nathan and Alaina walk upstairs as daddy called them.

Grace folded her arms as well. "I'd like to talk to you."

I looked down. "Okay..."

"Well, I'd like to know why you and your sisters hate me so much? I mean ya'll don't even know me.." She sounded confused.

"I'm really sorry about that it's just that... Daddy suffered alot because of women." I frowned a bit, looking up at her.

She nodded softly sadly. "I know..."

"And we don't want you to make him suffer just like mommy did or maybe even more." A tear fell down my cheek even though I tried to hold it back.

Grace pulled me into a tight a hug. "I swear I don't wanna hurt your dad.. I've never loved anyone like I love him. He's like my whole life now."

I let the tears drop on her shoulder. She pulled back and smiled gently at me as she held my hands. "Trust me." She said softly.

I smiled faintly.

I don't know if she was a part of the family yet but I know she's a small part of my heart now.

***************************************************************************************

Here it is ^^

You can comment and vote.

Love ya'll.