I Larb You The Most

Look at me being productive. I'm definitely not stalling because I know that I have to do an aural presentation in German tomorrow and I don't know how to explain that I haven't spoken in 2 months and I don't plan on doing it.  Anywho, this story is a field trip one- shot. I'm keeping it in 3rd person because I can't be asked tbh. On with the chap. Also can you tell me at the end if you want a second part? Thanks.

Mr Harrington had set up a trip to SI and to be honest, he was quite proud of himself. So when the end of the Decathlon practice came around, he was practically bouncing up and down.

"Now, I know i'm the best teacher ever," He started, light laughs filled the air around him. "That much is certain. But believe it or not, I'm better than you could imagine. I've set up a field trip for the club because I am so proud of you all. Try not to scream, but I have set up a tour of.... SI!!!" He looked around, the smiles of his students making his day. 

He wouldn't admit it out loud but the decathlon team was the only thing that gave him happiness. It was only last year that he was writing his suicide note, only to be interrupted by a call from the principle. Mr Harrington wasn't going to answer at first, but he felt it was a sign.

That calls changed his life, hell It saved his life. The principle had asked if he could take over the decathlon team and he had reluctantly agreed. He wouldn't change that decision for anything.

He knew that he wasn't to have favorites but he secretly had a special liking toward Peter. Peter reminded him slightly of his son. The memory sent a twang of pain through his heart. He wished more than life that his son could have waited a few more minutes before pulling the trigger, just so he could see his face again. One last time.

It was a strange feeling when he saw Peter's reaction. He looked hurt. Mr Harrington was confused by this. He heard a passing comment about lying before he pieced it together.

He handed out the slips before letting them go calling a confused Peter to stay behind for a few minutes.

Peter on the other hand was panicking. He knew he had missed a couple decathlon practices, but he had an emergency with Spider-man. Part of him was glad that Ned had told everyone he had an internship, but the other part was slightly annoyed and the inconveniences and pain it brought him. 

"Mr Harrington, I know I've missed a couple of meetings but i've been busy. And whatever Flash tells you is fake. I do have an internship and I understand why no-one be-"

"Peter, I believe you." Peter let out a sigh of relief before Mr Harrington continued. "You are the smartest student i have ever had. To be quite honest, you could be at university if you wanted. Of course I believe you Peter. I just wanted to ask if you are up to coming on the trip. I know Flash has been giving you some trouble. There is no solid proof unfortunately , but I completely understand if you don't want to come tomorrow."

Peter was overwhelmed by it all . Mr Harrington was truly his best teacher.

"Thank you, but I'll come. Maybe it will show Flash and the others that I'm not lying." Mr Harrington nodded in agreement. 'And anyway ," Peter continued, "A day off school wouldn't be that bad" They laughed together before Peter said goodbye and left for patrol.

-x-x-x-x-x- 

As Peter got home May was leaving.

"Sorry Pete, they called me in for another shift. I also have one tomorrow morning so I'll see you tomorrow after school. I've left some money for Thai on the counter"

Peter was slightly upset, but it was reasonable. May worked in the hospital after all and the patients needed her more than he did.

"Oh, Ok. Before you go, can you sign this permission slip? We're going on a trip to SI tomorrow. "