Chapter 20: in

"Stay."

L I S A

"Poopoo," jennie called me.

i hummed. I stared at the stars while we're both laying in the blanket.

we spent our outdoor evening laying on the flat roof, stargazing, pointing out the constellations, and anticipating the occasional falling stars.

She wrapped her arms around me as tight as she could. I sigh in content and i wrapped my arms on her waist and hug her tightly.

"do you see me in your future that i'm still with you?"

I gazed up sadly at her, "Of course, God knows how much i want you to stay and see my future with you."

I lay my head on her chest, i smile as I could hear her heart beating fast.

"Why do you ask, nini?" I asked and slowly closed my eyes, feeling the breeze hugging both of us.

She gently caressed my hair and she pressed her lip on the top of my head, "I just want to know, lili. i want to see my future together with you." She answered.

I tightened my hug on her and i gently kiss her chest, "i promise you, right? I'll never leave you and i will always stay by your side."

I open my eyes.

she stare at me with a tight lipped smile, she cupped both of my cheeks as she released a shaky breath.

"I know, my angel. But i'm afraid, that maybe in my future, you're not by my side anymore." she said.

there was a sadness in her voice, and my chest tightened because i knew she was sad.

"can we still do what we used to do? will you still be with me even if i find someone who will love me? will you still be there next to me?"

she bombarded me a question.

i took a deep breath before i leaned into her touch, i held her hand on my cheek and looked at her with full of love and understanding.

"yes, i'm still next to you no matter what happen jen." I paused when I felt my eyes brimming with tears.

"I will always be by your side, whether you're in a relationship, whether you get married in church, and whether you have a children--"

" i will always be there for you." i muttered, voice filled with emotion.

"I'm your angel right? so i'll do everything for you, because i'm your best friend. I'll support you in everything, nini. even though you already have kai in your life. "

she gently rubs my cheek with her thumb and she smiles at me.

"thank you for being such a good best friend to me." she said.