The Night

Pierce looked up from sleeping, his palms were aching from leaning on the ball of his sword's handle, so he took his hands away, gently rubbing his palms on his kneecaps.
              Pierce looked up at the rest of the daemos asleep, he took in a deep breath as he sheathed his sword away, walking over to the window of Ava's apartment and pressing his hand up  against the cold glass, the warmth of his hand creating fog on the window, along with his soft breathing.
             He looked down at the world below him, fluttering his eyes so he could focus on how far down the ground is from the apartment floor. He stepped back a bit, looking up at the bright moonlight.
             The moon reflected against his Egyptian blue eyes, along with the stars. The dark night reminded him of daemos, he began to think to himself,
             Is it right to commit treason on daemos? would we survive on earth? is Ava always going to be there for us? does... Ava truly care?
             His mind wondered as he cupped his hands behind himself, holding hand by hand with his thumbs interlocked with one another.
"You certainly seem to be lost in thought."
            Pierce's attention was suddenly grabbed, he looked behind himself to see Ava standing there, she was standing with her pajamas and her hair tucked behind her rounded ears, unlike his own.
            Ava held her hands at her sides, just to simply bring them up to cross her arms, the apartment becoming cold at night. She tilted her head a bit at
him, as Pierce failed to reciprocate.
             "Are you okay? what's on your mind?"
"Nothing."
              "You sure? I remember back when you guys first came here... when you and me were alone, you had a lot to say. And... I admit, you talk some heavy words for somebody who doesn't talk often."
               Pierce looked back out the window, he didn't want to speak to Ava about his thoughts. They were debatable ones, and he could lose the trust in every other daemos there if just one of them takes it the wrong way.
               Ava sighed, "Would you like to talk in my room? You seem to open up much easier when we're alone."
               Pierce looked back at her, he took in a deep breath as he nodded. Ava smiled a tad as she turned,        "Come." she said as she walked back to her bedroom. She opened the door, walking in and leaving it open for Pierce.
               Pierce walked in after Ava, bending down as he walked through the door way, his big figure being a slight struggle when on earth.
               Ava was sitting on the side of her bed, she looked up at Pierce, "Tell me, what's on your mind?" She patted the spot next to her, having a welcoming smile across her face.
              Pierce went and walked to Ava, he sat down where she was patting, he looked off to the side, near the door to her bathroom. "Why do you care for us... You've had some more time to spend with us, so you should have a legitimate answer."
             Ava pauses, she took a moment to collect her words and string them into sentences. "This question again, huh... Alright." She laid back on her bed, as she didn't want to acknowledge his presence while he was there. Ava was anti-social, so she was better at explaining things when not looking at somebody.