Chapter 2

Biana's POV:

When Biana arrived at Havenfield, she immediately walked over to Calla's Panakes tree. She always found that Havenfield was more peaceful and scenic than Everglen. When she got to the tree, only Sophie and Stina were there. She walked over to them.

"Hey, guys!" Biana greeted.

"Hey Bi!" They both said simultaneously.

"What's up?" Biana asked.

"Nothing much. You?" Sophie asked.

"Nah, not much either," Biana responded.

"So, did you invite Tam?" Sophie asked.

Biana perked up at the sound of his name. "I-yeah," She said.

"Ooh, SOMEONE'S excited to see their boyfriend," Stina teased.

"He's NOT my boyfriend," Biana said. "As IF he would EVER like scar girl."

"Uh, girl, you've GOT to stop with the scar thing. You're still, like, the 'it girl'. Well, the second 'it girl'. Second to ME of course," Stina remarked. This earned her eye rolls from Biana and Sophie.

Just then, Dex glittered into sight. "Hey, guys!" He said.

"Hey, Dex," They greeted back.

"I've got updated panic switch rings for you guys," Dex said.

"Ooh, what colour is mine?" Biana asked. This made Dex blush.

"Uh...yours is...um...I mean...it's pink," He stuttered. Biana laughed at his nervousness, although she had no idea why he was so on edge.

"Thanks, Dex!" She exclaimed.

"You're welcome," he said. "Do you want me to put yours on for you?" He asked.

"Sure," Biana shrugged. Dex started digging through his pockets. After a few seconds, he pulled out a small purple box that had 'Biana' written on the top in scribbled marker. He opened it up to reveal a brand new ring with a light pink stone. It looked even prettier than the old one.

"Here," Dex grabbed Biana's hand and slid the ring on her finger.

"Thanks!" Biana exclaimed, pulling him into a hug.

"I-I-you're...welcome," Dex sputtered. When she pulled away, he was bright red. Stina had a sly smile on her face.

"What?" Biana asked her.

"Oh, nothing. Just enjoying the Dexiana moment," She joked.

"WHAT?! Dexiana is NOT a thing, never will be," Biana said. Dex looked down at his feet.

"She's right, Tiana is the endgame," Sophie said.

"DEXIANA!" Stina shouted.

"TIANA!" Sophie shouted back.

They went back in forth for about 2 minutes before 2 more figures glittered into sight. One was Wylie, in his moonlight cape, sunlight crest, and starlight circlet. The second one was the perfect, dreamy shade with her favourite silver bangs. Tam, she thought dreamily. And ooh, she could see his abs through his tunic. She couldn't stop looking at them.

"Uh, hey Biana," Tam muttered.

"Um...yeah, hey," Biana mumbled, still looking at his abs.

"Ooh, SOMEBODY'S impressed with Tammy Boy's abs," Stina joked. Biana shot her a death glare. Tam blushed. He was so cute when he blushed. Dex looked at his feet.

"I...I mean, yeah, that's pretty impressive. LOOK AT THEM!" Biana countered. Stina just rolled her eyes and scoffed, before muttering something about "oblivious". Biana turned back to Tam, who was still blushing.

"C'mon, let's go sit," Biana said. She grabbed his hand and dragged him over to the tree. Tam plopped down right next to Biana. Biana was sure she was blushing so hard, cherries were jealous.

They discussed what they thought might wake Keefe up, which at one point almost made Sophie cry. She was so oblivious. She and Keefe loved each other. Why couldn't Sophie just realize that? Anyways, they also talked about what Tam learned, which was apparently not much. When they were done, Dex, Wylie, and Stina all leaped home. Sophie winked at Biana before telling her goodbye and going inside. Why? Biana realized the answer to this question when she turned around and realized Tam, who had yet to leap home, was standing there. Her heart nearly STOPPED.

"H-hey!" Biana said. WHY?! She was normally so good with boys, but why not Tam?

"Um...hey. I just wanted to um...talk. If that's okay. I mean, you're probably busy so I can go if you want. Youknowwhatmaybeilljustgorightnow-" Tam was cut off.

"Tam, stop. I don't mind talking," Biana said.

"Okay," Tam said. They sat back down under the panakes tree.

"So, what did you want to talk about?" Biana asked.

"Uh...I don't really know, I just...haven't seen you in a while," Tam said.

"Oh," Biana said. Tam looked at his lap, and he was bright red. "Are you okay?" She asked him.

"Yeah, I just...missed you," Tam said, before quickly adding, "and all of our friends too." Biana's heart shattered into a thousand pieces. She could tell that Tam noticed how upset she looked because he questioned her about it.

"What about you, are you okay?" He asked.

"I'm fine," She muttered.

"You don't look fine," He observed.

Something inside Biana snapped. "Well, would you be fine? One of your friends just got back from the Neverseen, AND he brought home a freaky Neverseen girl who won't tell us her identity, another one of your friends is in a coma, your brother and grandmother are traitors, and on top of that, your stupid crush doesn't like you!" She yelled.

They sat in silence for a while, before Tam finally spoke up. "I'm sorry," he mumbled. "Who's your crush, though?" He asked, looking hopeful.

"I..." She looked him in the eyes. Hers were blurred, courtesy of the tears that had formed in them. Her breathing was shallow. She leaned in a little bit. Suddenly, she heard a throat clear. It was one of the gnomes that worked at Havenfield.

"Um, I'm sorry to interrupt," She said.

"Uh...it's fine. Did you need something?" Biana asked politely, thankful that she was distracted from kissing Tam.

"Yes, actually. Um...the Black Swan wish for me to inform you that...um...your brother has been attacked by the Neverseen," Biana's heart skipped a beat.

"What?" She whispered. Tam wrapped his arm around her in a way that seemed almost...protective? "Please tell me he's alright," She begged.

"Actually, he's sedated. Nothing more than a few echoes," She said.

"Echoes? Like, shadowflux?" Tam asked.

"Yes," The gnome said, "The Neverseen have a new shade."

Biana and Tam exchanged a look that said, 'we're in deep $%#&'.

"Well, we have to go see him!" Biana snapped. She grabbed Tam's hand, and after quickly thanking the gnome, who was apparently named Sage, they leaped away to the Healing Center.

Written by brooklynivey07 ------------------