Chapter 15

Biana's POV

Biana couldn't sleep. She drank three cups of slumberberry tea, and still couldn't manage to keep her eyes closed. What would Alvar's punishment be?

"Would the Council...?" Biana wondered out loud, being careful to avoid the word 'Exile'.

"Exile him?" A deep voice said from her doorway. Biana instantly recognized it as Fitz's.

"Y-yeah. What are you doing up this late?" Biana asked. Fitz shrugged.

"Couldn't sleep, no matter how much slumberberry tea I've drunken," He said.

"Same," She commented. Fitz plopped down right next to her on the bed, covered himself up with the quilt, and laid his head on her shoulder. Biana laid her head on top of his. They sat in comfortable silence for a while.

"So...are you going to tell the Council to...to do that?" Fitz asked, also avoiding the word 'Exile'.

"Honestly? I...don't know. I mean, don't get me wrong, he's done lots of HORRIBLE things and betrayed us, and hurt me, but...he's our brother, y'know?" Biana responded. For a moment, Biana thought Fitz would explode in anger because of her soft spot for Alvar. But instead, he just sighed.

"I feel the same way," He said.

"You do?" Biana asked.

"Yeah. Contrary to popular belief, I actually looked up to Alvar, before..." Fitz trailed off.

"Yeah. He was the Vanisher that I always wanted to be," Biana agreed. Biana and Fitz laid down on the pillows next to each other, and Biana only remembered two things they said before falling asleep.

"I love you, Bi."

"I love you too, Chandelier Head."

--------------------------------------

The next day, Biana woke up around noon. Fitz was already gone. She reluctantly went downstairs to go to eat breakfast. When she arrived in the dining room, there were, like, five trays of mallowmelt on the table.

"Surprise!" Della said, appearing right behind Biana.

"Thanks, Mom," Biana said flatly. She was too worried about what the day might hold to be happy about something as small as mallowmelt for breakfast. The four of them ate in silence. After about 30 minutes of silent eating, Biana decided to go upstairs and get ready. She decided to hide her scars that day. All of her relatives would be there, and they were snobby and really rude about them. None of them complimented her beauty anymore, and some of them even went as far as insulting Biana about them. The Vackers were WAY too concerned about their looks.

For her hair, she did a half-up half-down braided bun, which she dotted with diamonds, and curled the bottom section. She decided it was good enough on attempt 7.

For her dress, she chose a white long-sleeved (to hide her scars) ballgown that poofed outward from her waist down and had a giant bow in the back. The dress, like her hair, was dotted with diamonds. she wore a diamond choker and glass slippers with the dress. She put her Starlight circlet, Moonlight cape, and Sunlight crest on over it.

For makeup, she put lots of foundation over the scar across her cheek, then did her eyebrows and dusted silver eyeshadow over her eyes. She wore a light pink (almost skin-colour) lip gloss. Finally, she decided she was ready. The only scars visible were the ones on her neck and on her chest. When she was done getting ready, it was almost 5:00. She went downstairs to tell her family goodbye.

She pecked her parents each once on the cheek, then gave Fitz a big, long hug.

"Hey, it'll be okay, I promise," Biana whispered in his ear.

"I hope you're right," He whispered back, pulling away and giving her a sad smile. She returned the gesture and headed to the Leapmaster 5000.

When she got there, she called down the crystal for the Tribunal Hall, but couldn't bring herself to step into the light. She needed someone to be there with her.

"FITZ?" She yelled.

"YEAH?" She heard him yell back, right before appearing at the doorway.

"Will you come with me?" She asked him.

"Of course." With that, they linked hands and leaped away.

Written by brooklynivey07 -----------------